    if any one knows the solution pl. share with me.

    Regards,
    Raj.

    raju, Aug 1, 2007

  2. raju

    Patrice Guest

    You could use client side JavaScript to filter pressed keys though I'm not
    sure what you mean by English character ?

    I woudl likely left this unchanged and would make crystal clear which is the
    current language (my guess would be that you would like that users
    understands that they have to enter data in the language the UI currently
    uses ?). I would do this by education rather than enforcing this by a rule
    (IMO the added value/work involved balance is too low especially if you want
    to do this for several languages plus a user could enter a phrase in a
    foreign language that uses "english" characters but that is still not an
    english phrase).

    You could also use the apporiate data type in the DB to be bale to handle
    unicode characters (could be needed depending on the language scope you are
    handling).

    If this is not that you have in mind, please elaborate a bit on the problem
    you are trying to solve...

    --
    Patrice

    Patrice, Aug 1, 2007

  3. raju

    raju Guest

    On Aug 1, 4:33 pm, "Patrice" <http://www.chez.com/scribe/> wrote:
    > You could use client side JavaScript to filter pressed keys though I'm not
    > sure what you mean by English character ?
    >
    > I woudl likely left this unchanged and would make crystal clear which is the
    > current language (my guess would be that you would like that users
    > understands that they have to enter data in the language the UI currently
    > uses ?). I would do this by education rather than enforcing this by a rule
    > (IMO the added value/work involved balance is too low especially if you want
    > to do this for several languages plus a user could enter a phrase in a
    > foreign language that uses "english" characters but that is still not an
    > english phrase).
    >
    > You could also use the apporiate data type in the DB to be bale to handle
    > unicode characters (could be needed depending on the language scope you are
    > handling).
    >
    > If this is not that you have in mind, please elaborate a bit on the problem
    > you are trying to solve...
    >
    > --
    > Patrice
    >
    > "raju" <> a écrit dans le message de news:
    >

    > > Hai all,

    > > I am working on the multilingual application, in asp.net. In
    > > that we are displaying contents in some other language (user selected
    > > language). In that page, we are having some textbox for user input. Is
    > > there any way to restrict the user to input only english characters on
    > > the given textbox.

    > > if any one knows the solution pl. share with me.

    > > Regards,
    > > Raj.- Hide quoted text -

    Hai Patrice,

    Thanks for your immed. reply.

    For an example,

    Our web page contains some chinese contents and some textbox
    for user input. Now the user installed and selected the chinese
    keyboard, in the language bar in his system. Now typing some
    characters in that text box, then it will display as in chinese
    character.

    In that place, we want to restrict the input only as "English
    Keyboard" not in chinese keyboard.

    Is it possible to do in multilingual application.?

    I think, you will understand what i am asking?

    Pl. give some idea regarding this!

    Regards,
    Raj.

    raju, Aug 1, 2007