My C++ Book List

Discussion in 'C++' started by CoreyWhite, Mar 31, 2007.

  1. CoreyWhite

    CoreyWhite Guest

    The first few books I bought directly off of Bjarne Stroustrup's
    official list of C++ books. He has a number of others but they are
    about abstract design models, that aren't important to me yet.

    The C++ Programming Language
    By Bjarne Stroustrup, The Creator Of C++

    Applied C++: Practical Techniques for Building Better Software
    By Philip Romanik, Amy Muntz

    Accelerated C++: Practical Programming by Example
    By Andrew Koenig, Barbara E. Moo, Barbara E. Moo

    Essential C++
    By Stanley B. Lippman

    The next set of books are all the good C++ & C books I could find
    through O'Reilly. O'Reilly is a very good publisher, but I'm still
    not sure if I'm getting the best books I can find.

    C++ Cookbook
    By Ryan Stephens, Christopher Diggins, Jonathan Turkanis, Jeff
    Cogswell

    Practical C++ Programming, Second Edition
    By Steve Oualline

    C++ The Core Language
    By Gregory Satir, Doug Brown

    C++ In a Nutshell A Desktop Quick Reference
    By Ray Lischner

    Mastering Algorithms with C
    By Kyle Loudon

    C++ Pocket Reference
    By Kyle Loudon

    STL Pocket Reference
    By Ray Lischner

    If anyone knows where I can find other books with C++ examples,
    covering string algorithms, and using containers , it would be really
    helpful. Examples using low-level binary operations are useful too.
    I'm trying to learn how to write quick & dirty code using C++, so I
    don't have to write miles of it in C.
    CoreyWhite, Mar 31, 2007