My web service prompts for username password

Arijit Chakraborti

I have developed a web service and after deploying it on a
Win2k server box with IIS, it starts throwing up the
username password dialog. If I key in the windows
username/password created in that particular server, it
gets in. Otherwise it shows a 401.2 error. I tried by
checking off the Windown NT authentication from the IIS
security tab, but in that case it does not even allow me
to access the web service. Any help would be appreciated.

Arthur Nesterovsky

Hi,
I have developed a web service and after deploying it on a
Win2k server box with IIS, it starts throwing up the
username password dialog. If I key in the windows
username/password created in that particular server, it
gets in. Otherwise it shows a 401.2 error. I tried by
checking off the Windown NT authentication from the IIS
security tab, but in that case it does not even allow me
to access the web service. Any help would be appreciated.

Check the Web.config file in the application's root.
It seems that authentication mode is setted up to "Forms".
With best wishes, Arthur Nesterovsky
Visit, please, my home page:
http://www.nesterovsky-bros.com

Arijit Chakraborti

The authentication mode is Windows, it does not work even
if tried with "None".