    implement that in web based application.

    I appreciate your suggestions.
    Mohamud.
    Mohamud Faruk, Feb 1, 2004

  2. Mohamud Faruk

    Keith Guest

    Take a look at the ViewState and Session objects. Both
    allow you to store temporary information server-side for
    use in other places throughout the application.

    This link should provide an intro for you:

    http://www.dotnetjunkies.com/quickstart/aspplus/doc/stateo
    verview.aspx

    forms and the user
    >can navigate between different forms.
    >Currently I am aware of Server.Transfer(" .aspx") and

    Response.Redirect("
    >..aspx") statements.
    >
    >1.Is there any other statements that I can use other

    than these. Is there
    >any other way I can use navigation between web forms?
    >
    >2. I have a difficulty of retaining the values when the

    user navigates to
    >search screen and comes back to the previous screen. I

    don't know how to

    Keith, Feb 1, 2004

  3. Mohamud Faruk

    Keith Guest

    ViewState stores data in hidden fields on the client-
    side. Sorry, sometimes I type quicker than I think :p

    Keith, Feb 1, 2004
  4. Mohamud Faruk

    DalePres Guest

    Here's a good little navigation control including source and it includes
    state management for the control, from which you can probably begin to
    extrapolate your other state management requirements.

    http://www.gotdotnet.com/community/workspaces/workspace.aspx?ID=A8EE64DF-8F2A-483F-8594-10AAA66988CE

    Good luck,

    Dale

    DalePres, Feb 2, 2004