    number of directories from Windows using Netbeans 3.6 there. Am wondering if
    anyone is aware of how I can simply mount a filesystem, and recognise these
    java sources, from 3.6 ? Anyone have any idea on this? Thanks, Ike

    Ike, Apr 11, 2006

  2. On Tue, 11 Apr 2006 15:05:42 GMT, Ike wrote:
    > I've installed Netbeans 5.0 on a Linux box here, and have copied
    > over a number of directories from Windows using Netbeans 3.6 there.
    > Am wondering if anyone is aware of how I can simply mount a
    > filesystem, and recognise these java sources, from 3.6 ?

    Use Samba to share filesystems between your windows and linux hosts.

    See http://www.samba.org/

    /gordon

    Gordon Beaton, Apr 11, 2006

  3. Ike

    Nigel Wade Guest

    Ike wrote:

    > I've installed Netbeans 5.0 on a Linux box here, and have copied over a
    > number of directories from Windows using Netbeans 3.6 there. Am wondering if
    > anyone is aware of how I can simply mount a filesystem, and recognise these
    > java sources, from 3.6 ? Anyone have any idea on this? Thanks, Ike

    If you are referring to the Netbeans 3 concept of "mount filesystem", then that
    has gone away in Netbeans 5 (it was removed in Netbeans 4).

    The nearest you will get is to create a new Project. Select File->New Project...
    then in Categories select General and in Projects: Project with Existing
    Sources. It's not the same, in fact it's nothing like the same and was one of
    my biggest problems in switching from NB3 to NB4.

    E-mail :
    Phone : +44 (0)116 2523548, Fax : +44 (0)116 2523555

    Nigel Wade, Apr 12, 2006