netlist from VHDL code

Discussion in 'VHDL' started by Ruby, Jun 29, 2005.

  1. Ruby

    Ruby Guest

    Hi,

    I am trying to simulate a cache compressor with some 8k data lines. I
    mean 8k lines are the input from L1 cache to the compressor. The
    compressor send the compressed output to the L2 cache or main memory.
    In this simulation I don't even want to verify the functionality - as
    an function(algorithm choosen for this compressor) can be implemented
    in a circuit form. I would like to find out the critical path of the
    circuit.

    Now my problem is since the circuit is too big(too many data lines),
    I don't want to draw the schematic. So Can I write the VHDL code for
    the circuit and get a netlist from the code. If I can do that, then I
    can run the pathmill to find the critical path of the circuit and so as
    the max. delay.

    Pls let me know if you guys have any suggestions.

    Thanks

    Ruby, Jun 29, 2005