newbie problem with Xilinx tutorial

Discussion in 'VHDL' started by Dave, Apr 28, 2006.

  1. Dave

    Dave Guest

    Hi all -

    I'm just getting started with Xilinx FPGAs and I'm having a problem getting
    the built-in Xilinx tutorial to run under ISE 8.1.03i.

    I've tried their "tech support" (filed a case) but its been two weeks today
    and the "tech" is not "supporting".

    I'm running Windows XP Media Edition (SP2), 3.0GHz, 1GB, etc. This is the
    downloaded Webpack.

    Everything in the tutorial ran fine until I got to the "Create a
    Self-Checking Test Bench Waveform" section. When I tried to double-click
    the "Generate Expected Simulation Results", I get the following errors:

    Running Fuse ...
    Parsing "counter_tbw_gen.prj": 0.14
    ERROR:Simulator:170 - work/counter/Behavioral is not compiled properly.
    Please recompile work/counter/Behavioral in file
    "C:/projects/Xilinx/tutorial2/counter.vhd" without -incremental option.
    ERROR:Simulator:199 - Failed when handling dependencies for entity
    counter_tbw, architecture testbench_arch

    I followed the tutorial exactly. Where is the "-incremental" option
    specified and how do I disable it?

    Has any one else seen this problem?

    TIA.

    Dave

    Dave, Apr 28, 2006

  2. Dave

    Dave Guest

    Never mind... I found the problem after extensive checking and tests.

    Dave, Apr 30, 2006

  3. Dave

    Guest

    Hi Dave

    Can you share what you've found since I'm running into the same problem
    ?

    Nir

    , May 26, 2006
  4. Dave

    mmoo9154

    Joined:
    Nov 26, 2007
    Messages:
    1
    Nir (or anyone else Googling this up),

    I'm having the same problem with ISE Simulator v9.1. The work around that I found was to "touch" the file the ERROR:Simulator:170 barks about.

    For Dave's example, just open "C:/projects/Xilinx/tutorial2/counter.vhd", tweak something, and re-save. (I just add a blank and then delete it.) This will cause the simulator to recompile the source and eliminate the error. You may have to do this for a series of source files if ISE Simulator has lost it's way. :-(

    The error has nothing to do with "-incremental" compilation. If someone finds a way to "recompile all" for the ISE Simulator, please pass it along.

    -Mark

    mmoo9154, Nov 26, 2007
  5. Dave

    ankita

    Joined:
    Oct 2, 2011
    Messages:
    1
    hey everyone,
    iam new to xilinx 8.1 and followed all the procedures as mentioned in the tutorial to create the vhdl counter code....everything was fine but when i wanted to create the self checking test bench waveform ......on double clicking the generate expected simulation result i got the following error
    "Simulator:222 - Generated C++ compilation was unsuccessful"
    please advice how to remove the error
    got a project to complete
    -ankita

    ankita, Oct 2, 2011
  6. Dave

    saku

    Joined:
    Mar 22, 2012
    Messages:
    2
    i too have got same problem :(:(:(

    hi everyone,
    i m too having the same problem in my project.....can please someone help me with this ASAP......:sad::sad::sad:
    1) work/pack is not compiled properly. Please recompile work/pack in file "C:/Xilinx92i/testbench/TESTBENCH.vhd" without -incremental option.

    2) Failed when handling dependencies for entity in_tb_0, architecture testbench_arch

    these re the prob which i m facing nw.....and i need an immediate solution for this error....please someone out there kindly help me to solve tis error......

    saku, Mar 22, 2012
  7. Dave

    saku

    Joined:
    Mar 22, 2012
    Messages:
    2
    have yu found a solution to solve this problem.....if so please reply me.......

    saku, Mar 22, 2012