Newbie... Unable to create a new Web Application Project

Guest

XP Pro w/ Service pack 2
VB.net 2003
INstalled prerequisites, VB.net, MSDN library.

Tried to create a new Web Application.

I get an error message that states A connection with the server could not be
established. I've clicked on Help and none of the paths has corrected my
problem.

Ran aspnet_regiis.exe /i

I set permissions to account ASPNet (added) to the Users group.

shutoff WindowsXP Firewall

I'm able to open http://localhost/localstart.asp.

Proxies are disabled...

I'm at a loss....

Dan

I am pretty sure this is your problem (and it is not to do with your visual
studio installation). I think your IIS isnt set up correctly.

Do this:

Go to IIS.
Pull down the tree on the left of your website or find your website active
directory from there (in other words the directory where your files are
under c:inetpub\wwwroot or wherever you have them)
Right click and choose properties
Where it says Application Name click Create (or whatever the name is on the
button to the right)
Now Click http headers tab, and make sure it has x-Powered-By:Asp.Net in
there.
Say ok and try visual studio again (you may need to restart IIS t make sure
it has taken the changes.

Let me know how you get on.