Notepad Editing Question

brucie

in post: <
really? is that with any telco mobile company?

it is in australia. 112 is supposed to be an international standard,
you'd have to check for your area. 112 is also network independent so
even if your network is unavailable in the area another network will
pick it up.

Disco Octopus

Chuck typed:
And what the hell kind of a name is Brucie? Sounds like a queer to me.

What the hell kind of a name is chuck? Only ventriloquist dummies are called
chuck.

Whitecrest

Because all that I got here was a bunch of assholes...

Wait a second chuck...

You said, that you asked in another forum and got 2 answers in an hour,
and they were both helpful. Ok, so now you have your answer (remember
that point for a second)

Then someone asked you "why [if you already had the answer] did you ask
in this forum.

To which you replied.... "because all that I got here was a bunch of
assholes."

Which makes no sense what so ever in the context of the thread.

Chuck, you really need to take a chill pill or something here because
you are looking like a crying little spoiled brat that didn't get
something his way. Remember chuck, we are here for fun, not your
personal help desk. Learn to accept the good and the bad.

Just an observation.

Whitecrest

Oh... so ya'll can rag on me, but if I rag on ya'll, now it's time for me to
leave...

No one raged on you Chuck. brucie corrected you. If you had lurked for
a while you would have known that is how brucie is. (I believe someone
already stated the 3 kinds of posts that brucie makes)
Sounds like a coward to me... Sorry that you can't take it now...
Guess someone got their little feelings hurt...

No one here got their feelings hurt. (You have to do a lot better than
calling the forum "gay" to accomplish that) Anyway, change your
attitude and you are more than welcome, continue being a jerk, and you
aren't. Pretty simple concept.

Whitecrest

Hmmmm... Taken from http://www.alt-html.org ... Now I assume that this URL
is the "FAQ" for your little NG here...

<snip for irrelevancy>

You know chuck, every now and then we have someone, much like you, that
just jumps in without testing the water first. It is better to lurk for
a while to get the feeling and the mode of the group. Learn who is who,
the kinds of things different posters do. You get the idea. That was
your main mistake. You did not understand the dynamics of the group and
you took offence at something you did not understand.

Stephen T. Fox

brucie said:
in post: <

if you're not careful you'll get beaten to death with it if you keep
topposting.

How am I supposed to post my replies in a newsgroup?:
http://allmyfaqs.com/faq.pl?How_to_post
Thanks for the etiquette lesson, Brucie. I was just doing what OE does. The
rule makes sense. Have I got this right?

However, that being said, all this traffic still hasn't provided the
original poster or myself with any useful information. Even an 'I don't
know' would be helpful.

I admit, though, that I have learned a great deal from on-point posts. Keep
up the good work.

Stephen

brucie

in post: <
Stephen T. Fox said:
However, that being said, all this traffic still hasn't provided the
original poster or myself with any useful information.

chucky shot himself in the foot and how do we know you're not just an
evil chucky sock puppet?

Stephen T. Fox

brucie said:
in post: <

chucky shot himself in the foot and how do we know you're not just an
evil chucky sock puppet?
Guess you'll just have to keep an eye on me and keep the evil chucky sock
puppet spray close at hand.

stephen

Chuck

Whitecrest said:
(e-mail address removed) says...

Chuck, you really need to take a chill pill or something here because
you are looking like a crying little spoiled brat that didn't get
something his way. Remember chuck, we are here for fun, not your
personal help desk. Learn to accept the good and the bad.>

<snip>

Oh, now I rag on you guys, just like you ragged on me, and look what
happens... Now YOU get all defensive.

Practice what you preach, chill out, remember, we are here to have fun...

And yes, I know what I said in that message didn't make sense, but it got
you riled up, didn't it? Again, chill out! haha

So, how's the wife and kids doing?

Chuck

Whitecrest said:
No one raged on you Chuck. brucie corrected you. If you had lurked for
a while you would have known that is how brucie is. (I believe someone
already stated the 3 kinds of posts that brucie makes)

Sorry, but I have known how Brucie is for a couple of years now. Remember, I
have said before that I have been here as a lurker, even as a regular
lurker, until Brucies crap ran me away, as I'm sure he does a good number of
people. Yes, I was in need of help, and yes, I know this isn't a help desk,
but where would be a better place to ask that a group of people that are
knowledable in the area that I need help? If Bruice would have not busted in
with his smart ass comment, nobody in this NG would have heard a word out of
me, but now look, here is a loooong thread that is all a bunch of crap.
Thanks Brucie!

No one here got their feelings hurt. (You have to do a lot better than
calling the forum "gay" to accomplish that) Anyway, change your
attitude and you are more than welcome, continue being a jerk, and you
aren't. Pretty simple concept.

So... Brucie, YOU and several other can **** an attitude with ME, but now
YOU are telling ME that if I change MY attitude, that I can stay????? Get
real!! haha

You guys are the ones that made me become a jerk. I tried, through quite a
few posts to keep my cool, even though everyone was coming down on me. Now I
change my tune and everyone is crying. Boo damn hoo....

Chuck

However, that being said, all this traffic still hasn't provided the
original poster or myself with any useful information. Even an 'I don't
know' would be helpful.
<snip>

Ya know, I don't expect an "I don't know" reply, eventhough that would be
nice. :)

But, if everyone posted an "I don't know" reply, can you imagine the number
of replies that we would see for every question?

In my opinion, silence is the same as I don't know, but Brucie had to ruin
that one, huh?

Chuck

Stephen T. Fox said:
Guess you'll just have to keep an eye on me and keep the evil chucky sock
puppet spray close at hand.

Be careful Stephen... Bruice will have to go cry to mommy if you keep
talking mean to him...

Chuck

You know chuck, every now and then we have someone, much like you, that
just jumps in without testing the water first. It is better to lurk for
a while to get the feeling and the mode of the group. Learn who is who,
the kinds of things different posters do. You get the idea. That was
your main mistake. You did not understand the dynamics of the group and
you took offence at something you did not understand.

As I said before, I was a regular here at one time, mostly as a lurker
though because I am a novice at HTML and cannot answer many HTML questions.
I know the dynamics of this NG and how it works, so I don't need to hear
that crap. I know NG etiquitte, so I don't need to hear that either. I have
been using NG's for 7 or 8 years now, so I have been around awhile and have
been involved in more brutal NG's that what you guys have here

I know the "feel" of the group, but at the same time, I don't wan't someone
that has no idea of who I am, jumping into my case for no reason.

I have known for quite a while that Brucie is a real jerk. He is able to
provide alot of help when he wants too. Toby is an example of someone that
seems happy to answer questions. I have seen him get a little sharp with
people at times, but it was deserved. I know that Toby has helped me quite a
few times, by me asking a question or two, or by me just lurking.

I did understand what Brucie was saying. He didn't like the way that I
posted the same message into 2 NG's. and then a day or so later, posted the
question in here. I thought that the in other 2 NG's, my question would have
been more on topic than in here, but in several days, I never saw any
TRAFFIC in those NG's so I figured they were dead. That's when I figured
that I would come here and ask. I know this NG isn't dead! I figure that my
question was still on topic here because I am using notepad to write HTML,
as I'm sure I am not the only one here who uses it.

Brucie was also thinking that I was impatient, I guess because I
multi-posted my question. In a way, I guess that I am impatient because I
have over 100 files that I need to edit and upload, and I want to get this
done and over with. I don't feel that I was showing impatience though. As I
am sure that someone will, point out how I showed impatience.

Now when you guys are ready to call it quits, put all of this behind us and
start from scratch, just let me know. I'm sure that most of us here can be
friends...

Sid Ismail

On Sun, 23 May 2004 08:45:39 -0400, Whitecrest

: No one raged on you Chuck. brucie corrected you. If you had lurked for
: a while you would have known that is how brucie is. (I believe someone
: already stated the 3 kinds of posts that brucie makes)

Correct, more correct, and most correct.

Sid

Whitecrest

res04j39 said:
Thanks for the etiquette lesson, Brucie. I was just doing what OE does. The
rule makes sense. Have I got this right?
However, that being said, all this traffic still hasn't provided the
original poster or myself with any useful information. Even an 'I don't
know' would be helpful.

The traffic was diverted because the OP decided to argue rather than
accept constructive criticism, and move on.

Now what was the question again?

Whitecrest

Oh, now I rag on you guys, just like you ragged on me, and look what
happens... Now YOU get all defensive.

We are not defensive, not we are just having fun with you.
So, how's the wife and kids doing?

Wife is sill dead, and the kids are fine.

Whitecrest

Sorry, but I have known how Brucie is for a couple of years now. Remember, I
have said before that I have been here as a lurker, even as a regular
lurker, until Brucies crap ran me away....

If you know how brucie is, they why didn't you just ignore him?
You guys are the ones that made me become a jerk.

Only you can make yourself a jerk. Hell I do it all the time.