Notepad Editing Question

Toby A Inkster

Abby said:
"Editors" at least cut out a lot of the shift key work ..

I really ought to find a way to remap my keyboard so that I can type <, >
and " without using shift.

Dylan Parry

Works if the phone keypad is locked

Which is plain annoying. I cannot recall the number of times that my phone
has been in my pocket and it's rang 999 from the buttons being pressed by
pocket change or the pockets themselves when I sat down! :-\

Els

Toby said:
I really ought to find a way to remap my keyboard so that I can type <, >
and " without using shift.

And have a shortcut to instantly change it back to regular
as well, preferably without restarting the pc...

Els

Dylan said:
Which is plain annoying. I cannot recall the number of times that my phone
has been in my pocket and it's rang 999 from the buttons being pressed by
pocket change or the pockets themselves when I sat down! :-\

Go live in a country where 999 doesn't mean anything.
My phone doesn't dial 112 by accident :)

Dylan Parry

Go live in a country where 999 doesn't mean anything. My phone doesn't
dial 112 by accident :)

Exactly! Mine has never dialled 112, but the fact the we Brits have a
stupid number for our emergency services makes it a PITA :(

rf

Dylan Parry said:
Which is plain annoying. I cannot recall the number of times that my phone
has been in my pocket and it's rang 999 from the buttons being pressed by
pocket change or the pockets themselves when I sat down! :-\

Newsflash in the Sunday paper the other day: 70% (IIRC) of the calls made to
000 (the .au emergency number) are from mobile phones jostled inside
somebodys pocket or handbag.

brucie

in post: <
Newsflash

YAY! rf is back. skiing?
in the Sunday paper

i pay my $1.60 just to take the tv guide out and leave the paper. they
think i'm weird.

and it really annoys me i have to get up early on a sunday for a 30
minute drive into town to get it before they're all sold or its another
30 minutes to get to the next town.

after that i'm screwed, its another hour to the next town. i have to
pack a lunch and throw the dog out to reduce weight to save petrol.
the other day: 70% (IIRC) of the calls made to 000 (the .au emergency
number) are from mobile phones jostled inside somebodys pocket or
handbag.

i think i head something about it once being about 10% of calls/month

Matthias Gutfeldt

brucie said:
i think i head something about it once being about 10% of calls/month

Well, that makes it 120%/year. I wonder how they get any real emergency
calls through.

Matthias

rf

brucie said:
in post: <

YAY! rf is back. skiing?

Wish. Fixing lodge. Floor tiles popped up everywhere during the Summer :-(

Did get some snow though, 30cm, early May :)
and it really annoys me i have to get up early on a sunday for a 30
minute drive into town to get it before they're all sold or its another
30 minutes to get to the next town.

Hmmm. I just stroll out to the front yard. Some demented blighter with
nothing further to do with his time at 4AM on a Sunday morning has usually
thrown said paper at my house... often s/he actually hits the yard.

You really should move a little bit closer to civilization, brucie :) You
know, newspaper, pizza, broadband...

brucie

in post: <
Wish. Fixing lodge. Floor tiles popped up everywhere during the Summer :-(

what kind of international playboy with their own personal skiing lodge
doesn't have minions to do that sort of thing for them?

perhaps i misunderstood, i'm sure you were there just to supervise the
minions.
You really should move a little bit closer to civilization, brucie

i do all the time but eventually a mob with flaming torches and
pitchforks gather and i have to move again.
You know, newspaper,

i get them

same but its really cold by the time i pick it up
broadband...

its only 80km away, i can visit to look at it as much as i want.

rf

brucie said:
in post: <
:-(

what kind of international playboy with their own personal skiing lodge
doesn't have minions to do that sort of thing for them?

Hey, I like "getting my fingers dirty" on occasion. Beats instructing
beginner skiers and HTML newbies.

Besides those bastards over in Aspen won't let me *touch* their floors, At
All.
perhaps i misunderstood, i'm sure you were there just to supervise the
minions.

Supervising... wife...? er... her is a picture of her, cranky :)

http://cueword.com.au/mulubinba/611.html

(camera shy)

I'm hiding in the next room trying to produce a web page...

Toby A Inkster

Els said:
And have a shortcut to instantly change it back to regular
as well, preferably without restarting the pc...

I was thinking of using the /, * and - on the numeric keypad and toggling
it with Num Lock.

garbo

i pay my $1.60 just to take the tv guide out and leave the paper. they
think i'm weird.

and it really annoys me i have to get up early on a sunday for a 30
minute drive into town to get it before they're all sold or its another
30 minutes to get to the next town.

after that i'm screwed, its another hour to the next town. i have to
pack a lunch and throw the dog out to reduce weight to save petrol.
http://www.ebroadcast.com.au/tv/
Works for me in rural S.Aust - might work for you in outback Qld