OT, but can someone point me to the right forum?

Bagbourne

I have to embed a Windows Media Player in a web page.

So I have

<object id="player" classid="CLSID:22D6F312-B0F6-11D0-94AB-0080C74C7E95"
style="height:500px;width:700px">... etc etc </object>

Does anyone know who to control this object, or where I can find
information about how to control it.

Specifically, I need to be able to play from a specific point within the
movie with javascript. I inherited this setup and the javascript, but it
does not appear to work:

function jumpToTime(start_second, end_second)
{
try
{
var my_player = document.getElementById("player");
//NOW SET UP THE TIME FRAME FOR THE MOVIE CLIP

my_player.Play();
my_player.Stop();
my_player.SelectionStart = start_second;
my_player.SelectionEnd = end_second;

my_player.Play();
startTime = start_second;
}
catch(err)
{
alert( "jumpToTime : " + err.message );

Whitecrest

I have to embed a Windows Media Player in a web page.

I find it interesting that the forum will suddenly get a group of
similar questions all around the same time, then weeks will go buy
without a similar question.

rf

Whitecrest said:
I find it interesting that the forum will suddenly get a group of
similar questions all around the same time, then weeks will go buy
without a similar question.

Web drezign courses --> homework.

Cheers
Richard.

rf

Bagbourne said:
What a strange idea.

No. I'm finishing off a commercial project for estate agents.

You may just be the odd one out :)

<fond memory>
A couple of years ago we got a barrage of posts here saying something like
"I need to get a response in a newsgroup. Can you respond please". We
eventually tracked it down to some ratbag "introduction to the internet"
instructor with far too much time on her hands.
</fond memory>

Cheers
Richard.