Please supply a valid soap action

Mark A. Deal

I have a web service which returns the following error but only when called
from one server which is running my web application:

"Unable to handle request without a valid action parameter. Please supply a
valid soap action."

If run the exact same code from any other location, it works fine. It seems
to me that some of the soap headers are getting stripped along the way.
Does anybody have any ideas where to start looking?

To clarify, if I run a Winforms app which calls the web service from my
network or other networks I have tested, it runs fine. If I call it from
within my client's network, I get the error.

Thoughts are certainly appreciated!

--
Mark A. Deal
Document & Data Solutions, LLC

Mark A. Deal

Thought I would throw out the solution to the problem since we discovered it
today:

The firewall was stripping SOAP headers for some reason. Packet logging was
turned on and when it was turned off the web service worked.

Hope this helps somebody sometime in the future.

--
Mark A. Deal
Document & Data Solutions, LLC
http://www.docsol.com
Time Matters AIC
HotDocs Certified Consultant
GhostFill Certified Consultant

jsatterly

Thanks - I just hit this for the first time, too, today.
Jo