Preventing multiple logins from a single user

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Security' started by Karthik, Nov 17, 2003.

  1. Karthik

    Karthik Guest

    Hi,

    We have a web application developed using ASP .NET that uses forms
    authentication.We want to prevent users from logging in more than once from
    either another system or in another instance of the browser.Has anyone
    implemented this and is there any document which details the best way to
    implement it.We did evaluate a way of implementing this either using
    session_onend or using cache but we want to know the best and efficient way
    of implementing this.

    --
    Regards
    Karthik

    Disclaimer:
    *******

    Information contained in this E-MAIL being proprietary to Scape Velocity,
    Inc
    is 'privileged', 'confidential' and intended for use only by the individual
    or entity to which
    it is addressed. Any use or dissemination of any information contained in
    the E-MAIL
    beyond that necessary to conduct business with Scape Velocity, Inc. is
    strictly prohibited,
    except as may be agreed to in writing between Scape Velocity and you or your
    organization.
    If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient or agent
    responsible for delivering this
    dissemination,
    distribution, or copying of this communication is prohibited. If you have
    received
    this communication in error, please notify us immediately and delete this
    email.
    *****

    Karthik, Nov 17, 2003