Price List for MOM & POP when choosing between MySql/PHP and .NET

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by nospam, Sep 17, 2003.

  1. nospam

    nospam Guest

    DEAR MICROSOFT:

    WOULD YOU PLEASE put up a web page showing the price list of EXPECTED COSTS
    for MOM & POP when choosing between MySql/PHP and .NET.

    FIRST:
    Show INITIAL COSTS for like a 5-10 page web site that can take a few
    orders...
    INCLUDE THE ISP charges..developer, software...

    **** Everything that MOM AND POP have to WRITE A CHECK FOR.****

    NEXT:
    Show the costs of PORTING from MS Access and Porting from MySql....

    2ND:
    Show the costs of STAYING with MySql/PHP to avoid the port WHILE having
    SMALL GROWTH for MOM and POP

    SEE what I am GETTING AT......SHOW THIS BILL TO MOM AND POP or even STARTUP
    and then SEE WHY THEY choose PHP/MySql.....

    Not every site is going to be an eBay....say if they just want to explore
    their dream.......

    It's not going to hurt you to make your stuff "AFFORDABLE" for them to chase
    their dream......

    (AFFORDABLE DOESN'T MEAN FREE)
    nospam, Sep 17, 2003

  2. Not the reject of society again! Get a life.

    Kieran

    Kieran Benton, Sep 17, 2003

  3. Hello,

    "Kieran Benton" <> schrieb:
    > Not the reject of society again! Get a life.

    Don't feed the trolls.

    --
    Herfried K. Wagner
    MVP · VB Classic, VB.NET
    Herfried K. Wagner [MVP], Sep 17, 2003
  4. nospam

    Stu Smith Guest

    It is the school holidays, remember. Nothing else to do....

    I have another theory. You Billy-Bob (aka "nospam") has a great idea for a
    dotcom startup: the internet's leading supplier of cheese toasties ("I can
    run it from my bedroom! I've got a Breville!"). He wants SQL Server
    Enterprise edition though, as he's expecting volume sales, and for once in
    his spoilt life Mom and Pop want to know what he needs $4000 for. Since they
    won't lend it him, he's stamping his little foot and having a paddy here in
    the forums.

    Tee hee.

    Stu Smith, Sep 17, 2003
  5. nospam

    nospam Guest

    DEAR LITTLE MVP's WHO HAVE A LOT TO LEARN........

    VUNET.COM - McNealy slams IT industry overcharging
    By Peter Williams Sun Network Conference, San Francisco [17-09-2003]
    Sun chief warns against alienating customers with 'unacceptable' pricing

    ....UNSUSTAINABLE.......
    The computer industry is overcharging customers to an unsustainable and
    unacceptable extent, according to Sun Microsystems' chief executive Scott
    McNealy (pictured).

    CARS DON"T NEED SERVICE EVERY EACH WEEK
    ......McNealy compared IT with modern cars, which can now drive far further
    distance before needing a service, and warned that IT complexity and support
    costs needed to be squeezed out.
    KEEP IT SIMPLE, STUPID MVP'S
    He described this as the philosophy behind Sun's new initiatives. "Users
    told us to be predictable, be simple," he said......

    http://www.vnunet.com/News/1143671

    http://news.zdnet.co.uk/hardware/0,39020351,39116406,00.htm

    "The world has to be getting a little disappointed in our industry," McNealy
    said on Tuesday, addressing attendees of the company's SunNetwork
    conference. "We are overcharging in our industry by an order of magnitude,"
    or by up to 10 times, he said. "That cost...is going to come out of our
    industry in the next five to 10 years."

    READ CLOSELY......."unsustainable"

    nospam, Sep 17, 2003
  6. nospam

    nospam, Sep 17, 2003
  7. nospam

    CJ Taylor Guest

    Was this really necessary three f***ing times?

    > DEAR LITTLE MVP's WHO HAVE A LOT TO LEARN........

    Little MVP - Contradiction in terms...

    > VUNET.COM - McNealy slams IT industry overcharging
    > By Peter Williams Sun Network Conference, San Francisco [17-09-2003]
    > Sun chief warns against alienating customers with 'unacceptable' pricing

    This coming from the company that has been known to charge several million
    dollars for a single computer... Of course he talks about unacceptable
    pricing.

    > ...UNSUSTAINABLE.......
    > The computer industry is overcharging customers to an unsustainable and
    > unacceptable extent, according to Sun Microsystems' chief executive Scott
    > McNealy (pictured).

    It also sucks when your in a lawsuit with Microsoft over Java. Of course
    he's pissed, MS has more money.

    > CARS DON"T NEED SERVICE EVERY EACH WEEK
    > .....McNealy compared IT with modern cars, which can now drive far further
    > distance before needing a service, and warned that IT complexity and

    support
    > costs needed to be squeezed out.

    Once again coming from a company that charges for these support costs...

    > KEEP IT SIMPLE, STUPID MVP'S

    I don't beleive you just used the Acronym KISS. but added your own MVP.
    Hate to break it to you troll, if it was simple, everyone would be in this
    industry... and we all saw what happened because of that (ahem Redhat, VA
    Linux, Inflated earnings, market crash).

    > He described this as the philosophy behind Sun's new initiatives. "Users
    > told us to be predictable, be simple," he said......

    Have you met some of these Java developers?

    So listen troll.. I'm really tired of hearing about mom and pop shops.
    Software isn't just about making money (we ALL can attest to not making
    nearly the amount we "should") but solving a problem.

    Mom and pop shops as you call it don't need massive IT infrastructure,
    because unless they are a superior specialtiy shop, people tend to come into
    the store to buy, not on the internet. So right there, your wasting there
    money for a concept that will never work. Software is about solving a
    problem, not causing new ones. Business is far to competitive to throw away
    money on bunk dotcom ideas.

    You forgot to mention support costs from the developer. You think that once
    its written its all over. Developer moves on to the next project and
    everyone is happy in this life. In a pipe dream.

    So scott thinks we are overcharging? Cmon now. At least when I purchase a
    microsoft product, I know I have the support behind it. Yeah they have
    their problems, but once again, I have the support. Lets see that come from
    Sun, Redhat, Caldera, Suse, etc without charging an arm and a leg.

    Troll on...

    jackass...

    CJ Taylor, Sep 17, 2003
  8. nospam

    plentyspam Guest

    WRITE ON NOSPAM.

    IT'S NOT JUST MOM AND POP!!

    WHAT ABOUT MUM AND DAD ?
    WHAT ABOUT MUTTI UND VATTI ??

    WHAT ABOUT AMA ??? HAVE YOU GIVEN A THOUGHT FOR HER ????

    WHAT ABOUT GREAT UNCLE HERBERT?? - HE''S GOT GREAT IDEAS BUT CAN HE GO AHEAD
    WITH THEM?

    NO. NONE OF THEM CAN.

    LIFE'S NOT FAIR. LIFE SUCKS. SO DO CHILDREN WITH LOLLIPOPS BUT THAT'S A
    DIGRESSION.
    plentyspam, Sep 18, 2003
  9. nospam

    steve Guest

    please...i can't take anymore! he hasn't followed his old thread today. that
    gives the rest of us new hope that his mouth/keyboard is becoming as numb as
    his mind. i fear further provocation will lead to more emphatic dribble from
    our beloved!

    silence IS golden.

    ;^ )

    steve, Sep 18, 2003
  10. nospam

    nospam Guest

    you should be the first to take your advice....

    nospam, Sep 18, 2003
  11. nospam

    William Ryan Guest

    Excellent post Herfried!

    Trolls suck!

    William Ryan, Sep 18, 2003
  12. nospam

    Lucas Tam Guest

    "nospam" <> wrote in

    > SEE what I am GETTING AT......SHOW THIS BILL TO MOM AND POP or even
    > STARTUP and then SEE WHY THEY choose PHP/MySql.....

    Have you considered MySQL + .NET?

    --
    Lucas Tam ()
    Lucas Tam, Sep 18, 2003
  13. nospam

    steve Guest

    well nanny, nanny, na-na!

    steve, Sep 18, 2003
  14. nospam

    junk Guest

    [This followup was posted to microsoft.public.dotnet.framework and a
    copy was sent to the cited author.]

    In article <>,
    says...
    > Not the reject of society again! Get a life.
    >
    > Kieran
    >
    > "nospam" <> wrote in message
    > > DEAR MICROSOFT:
    > >
    > > WOULD YOU PLEASE put up a web page showing the price list of EXPECTED

    > COSTS
    > > for MOM & POP when choosing between MySql/PHP and .NET.
    > >
    > > FIRST:
    > > Show INITIAL COSTS for like a 5-10 page web site that can take a few
    > > orders...
    > > INCLUDE THE ISP charges..developer, software...

    > > **** Everything that MOM AND POP have to WRITE A CHECK FOR.****
    > >

    > > NEXT:
    > > Show the costs of PORTING from MS Access and Porting from MySql....
    > >
    > > 2ND:
    > > Show the costs of STAYING with MySql/PHP to avoid the port WHILE having
    > > SMALL GROWTH for MOM and POP
    > >

    > > SEE what I am GETTING AT......SHOW THIS BILL TO MOM AND POP or even

    > STARTUP
    > > and then SEE WHY THEY choose PHP/MySql.....
    > >

    > > Not every site is going to be an eBay....say if they just want to explore
    > > their dream.......
    > >
    > > It's not going to hurt you to make your stuff "AFFORDABLE" for them to

    > chase
    > > their dream......
    > >
    > > (AFFORDABLE DOESN'T MEAN FREE)

    What on Earth if 'reject of Society'?