Problem in accessing webservice frm another compuer on LAN,plz help!!

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by vinaynahata, May 30, 2006.

  1. vinaynahata

    vinaynahata Guest

    I am having some problem in webservices.When i create a webservice in
    VS2005 ,it runs the webservice on an arbitrarily selected port .The
    webservice works perfectly fine on the local machine.Further wen i try
    to access the same webservice frm any other machine on LAN,it is not
    able to access tat webservice.
    Suppose on local machine ,the webservice url is :
    http://localhost:2231/mywebservice/service.asmx

    wen i try to access the same webservice from another comp on lAN ,it
    doesnt open..The URL typed is :
    http://172.19.3.37/myweb/mywebservice/service.asmx (\\172.19.3.37 being
    IP address of the comp on which webservice resides).I hav disabled
    evry firewall also.It results into the following error:(Should i not
    mention the port while accessing the webservice(as in localhost),howevr
    doing so results into "Page cannot be displayed" so i removed the port
    no. which results into following error:-

    Server Error in '/myweb' Application.
    Runtime Error

    Howevr the webservice works fine on localhost.

    Further i also wanted to know how to assign our own port on which we
    want our webservice to run.

    I would b very thankul to u fr ur help.

    Thanx in advance.

    vinaynahata, May 30, 2006