  1. I cant get my IE6 to show any favicons next to URL. Wonder what is wrong?
    Mozilla does it ok.

    Mika
    Mika Stenberg, Oct 23, 2003

  2. Mika Stenberg pounced upon this pigeonhole and pronounced:
    > I cant get my IE6 to show any favicons next to URL. Wonder what is wrong?
    > Mozilla does it ok.

    IIRC, IE never uses a favicon in the address bar, only on the "favorites"
    menu when the page is bookmarked. And then it disappears when the visitor
    clears history and Temporary Internet Files.

    --
    -bts
    -This space intentionally left blank.
    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Oct 23, 2003

  3. Mika Stenberg

    rf Guest

    "Mika Stenberg" <> wrote in message
    > I cant get my IE6 to show any favicons next to URL. Wonder what is wrong?

    You haven't bookmarked the page.

    Cheers
    Richard.
    rf, Oct 23, 2003
  4. Mika Stenberg

    Mark Parnell Guest

    Sometime around Thu, 23 Oct 2003 22:35:59 +0300, Mika Stenberg is reported
    to have stated:

    > I cant get my IE6 to show any favicons next to URL. Wonder what is wrong?

    You're using IE. :)

    Yes, it's a bug (shock, horror!) - it won't show until you bookmark it.

    --
    Mark Parnell
    http://www.clarkecomputers.com.au
    Mark Parnell, Oct 23, 2003
  5. Mika Stenberg

    Dan Guest

    On Thu, 23 Oct 2003 19:58:56 GMT, Beauregard T. Shagnasty
    <> wrote...
    | IIRC, IE never uses a favicon in the address bar, only on the "favorites"
    | menu when the page is bookmarked.

    It will also appear in the address bar on visits after you have
    bookmarked the page. But as you suggested, it can be erratic.

    - return address is altered slightly to reduce spam.
    Dan, Oct 23, 2003
  6. Mika Stenberg

    Dan Guest

    On Fri, 24 Oct 2003 08:35:45 +1000, Mark Parnell
    <> wrote...
    | You're using IE. :)
    |
    | Yes, it's a bug (shock, horror!) - it won't show until you bookmark it.

    Because IE can be so flakey, it is probably better to confirm that the
    icon is up and working using Mozilla or another browser.

    - return address is altered slightly to reduce spam.
    Dan, Oct 24, 2003
  7. Mika Stenberg

    Mark Parnell Guest

    Sometime around Fri, 24 Oct 2003 03:24:59 GMT, Dan is reported to have
    stated:

    > Because IE can be so flakey, it is probably better to confirm that the
    > icon is up and working using Mozilla or another browser.

    I find that that is the best way to go for any testing - test on Mozilla
    (or _something_ other than IE), and then check in IE once it looks right.

    Mark Parnell, Oct 24, 2003