    please help me because when If I can’t install foxruby I can’t do
    anything.

    sincrely yours Mohsena

    Mohsen Akhavan, Jan 10, 2006

  2. Antw: problem with running foxruby on windows 2000

    Hi,
    you' ve already installed fxruby? Then just try the tutorials. Notice the 'require 'fox'' statement. Perhaps you need to change that to fox12 or fox14, according to your installed ruby version. You then can run your fox apps like common ruby scripts.
    Alex.

    Alexander Fleck, Jan 10, 2006

  3. Mohsen Akhavan

    mohsena Guest

    Re: Antw: problem with running foxruby on windows 2000

    Hello and thank you very much for your attention ,in which directory
    should I use require ? should I use windows dos prompt?
    sincerely yours Mohsena

    mohsena, Jan 10, 2006
  4. Re: Antw: problem with running foxruby on windows 2000

    When you' ve installed ruby on 2K, you can double-click your script file. You don' t need to give a path by require.

    Alexander Fleck, Jan 10, 2006
  5. Re: Antw: problem with running foxruby on windows 2000

    Hello and thank you very much for your attention:
    I use 'require 'fox12'' and 'require 'fox'14' and it didn't work and
    it send me back this error:require is not recognized as an internal or
    external command,operable or batch file
    sincerely yours Mohsena

    Mohsen Akhavan, Jan 10, 2006
  6. Re: Antw: problem with running foxruby on windows 2000

    Did you use the One-Click-Installer for Windows?

    Alexander Fleck, Jan 10, 2006
  7. Re: Antw: problem with running foxruby on windows 2000

    If you installed ruby with the One-Click-Installer for Windows, try
    using this to require the FxRuby lib:

    require 'rubygems'
    require_gem 'fxruby'

    2006/1/10, Mohsen Akhavan <>:
    > Hello and thank you very much for your attention:
    > I use 'require 'fox12'' and 'require 'fox'14' and it didn't work and
    > it send me back this error:require is not recognized as an internal or
    > external command,operable or batch file
    > sincerely yours Mohsena

    Fernando Allen Marques de Oliveira

    Fernando Allen, Jan 10, 2006
  8. While we're at it, did anyone else encounter a problem where FOX dialog
    windows open notably off the top left edge of the screen? I've had that
    happen with the FreeRIDE options dialog and some of the widget sample
    ones when I use a theme with Extra Large 120dpi fonts.

    David Vallner
    Still unconvinced about FOX

    David Vallner, Jan 10, 2006
  9. David Vallner wrote:
    > While we're at it, did anyone else encounter a problem where FOX dialog
    > windows open notably off the top left edge of the screen? I've had that
    > happen with the FreeRIDE options dialog and some of the widget sample
    > ones when I use a theme with Extra Large 120dpi fonts.
    >
    > David Vallner
    > Still unconvinced about FOX

    Hello and Thank you very much "Fernando Allen" ,realy the require
    'rubygems'
    didn’t work but require_gem 'fxruby' worked and I wrote the first
    foxruby application ,I should mention that I have the same problem that
    "David Vallner" encountered it means FOX dialog windows open notaly off
    the top edge of the screen .any one has any clue about this please.

    sincerely yours Mohsena

    Mohsen Akhavan, Jan 10, 2006