    Ta

    Jaj

    , Apr 27, 2005

  2. wrote:
    > All,
    >
    > Other than websart etc, is there a way (programs, flags, tags etc..) of
    > running a java application (not applet) on a machine? The code will be
    > installed on the box, and will be run but the users (!!!) donot want
    > the MS-DOS box to appear/be visable. Is this (quickly and easily)
    > possible.
    >
    > Ta
    >
    > Jaj

    Windows only, but: javaw.

    http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/tooldocs/windows/java.html

    "
    The javaw command is identical to java, except that with javaw there is
    no associated console window. Use javaw when you don't want a command
    prompt window to appear. The javaw launcher will, however, display a
    dialog box with error information if a launch fails for some reason.
    "

    --
    Peter MacMillan
    e-mail/msn:

    Peter MacMillan, Apr 27, 2005

    Peter,

    Thanks that solves one of the problems :-]

    Currently we use the class bat files to run the app, and its that box
    also I need hidden.

    Thanks

    Jaj

    , Apr 27, 2005

    There is also another way. You can make your program a service and
    disallow it to "interact with desktop"

    , Apr 27, 2005
  5. On 27.04.2005 10:49 wrote:

    > Currently we use the class bat files to run the app, and its that box
    > also I need hidden.

    Create a shortcut that points to javaw with all the needed parameters. Thus you
    don't need the batchfile at all.

    If you really need the the batch file you could use "start javaw" that will
    still display the box, but it will disappear again.

    Thomas

    Thomas Kellerer, Apr 27, 2005
  6. jonck Guest

    jonck, Apr 27, 2005