Searching on IIS6 with Index Server and ASP

Rene Ruppert

Hi,

We've been using Index Server and IIS4 and the corresponding objects to
search our sites. Everything fine.
Now we have set up a new server running IIS6 and the search results always
return "null" for Characterization, DocSubject and some other properties. I
found out that they were not cached. But turning caching on and initiating a
reindex didn't help either.
Code runs fine on IIS4.

Thanks for any hints.

cu

René

Jeff Cochran

We've been using Index Server and IIS4 and the corresponding objects to
search our sites. Everything fine.
Now we have set up a new server running IIS6 and the search results always
return "null" for Characterization, DocSubject and some other properties. I
found out that they were not cached. But turning caching on and initiating a
reindex didn't help either.
Code runs fine on IIS4.

Try the microsoft.public.inetserver.indexserver group. Also let them
know how you're doing your search, there are security changes in
Server 2003/IIS6 that affect some of the older scripts.

Jeff