Sending Mail Using ASP/VBScript to Exchange Mail Box

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by martin smith, Mar 21, 2005.

  1. martin smith

    martin smith Guest

    Here's the scenario. I'm currently using cdosys/asp to send mail to
    our SMTP server. We use a product called MailFilter to check for SPAM.
    It doesn't work very well. If MailFilter isn't working cdosys also has
    problems and emails don't get sent. As these email are confirmations
    for customer's bookings this means lots of customers calling to see
    where their confirmation emails have gone. The root of the problem is
    MailFilter but that here to stay. So I had this thought of sending the
    message to a queue of some sort so at least they will get to the
    customer eventually rather than being lost for good. So here's the
    question:

    Can I/How do I send messages to a mailbox on our exchange server using
    cdo.message?

    If anyone has any other solutions please let me know.

    Many Thanks

    martin smith, Mar 21, 2005

  2. Address the message to an Exchange recipient?

    Ray at work

    Ray Costanzo [MVP], Mar 21, 2005

  3. martin smith

    Thomas Guest

    an easy queue could be done like that:

    on your webserver, set up SMTPSVC. you can then use this smtp server (i.e.
    use localhost as target smtp) as a relay from your web-generated mails to
    exchange (or wherever they are targeted to). the smtpsvc will keep trying to
    deliver mails in case of MailFilter not running on the remote smtp.

    also you could directly write raw mails into the smtpsvc's pickup folder.
    this will enqueue the mails and eventually send them once the target machine
    is back up running smooth.

    - thomas

    Thomas, Mar 21, 2005
  4. martin smith

    Jeff Cochran Guest

    On 21 Mar 2005 06:33:31 -0800, (martin smith) wrote:

    >Here's the scenario. I'm currently using cdosys/asp to send mail to
    >our SMTP server. We use a product called MailFilter to check for SPAM.
    >It doesn't work very well. If MailFilter isn't working cdosys also has
    >problems and emails don't get sent. As these email are confirmations
    >for customer's bookings this means lots of customers calling to see
    >where their confirmation emails have gone. The root of the problem is
    >MailFilter but that here to stay. So I had this thought of sending the
    >message to a queue of some sort so at least they will get to the
    >customer eventually rather than being lost for good. So here's the
    >question:
    >
    >Can I/How do I send messages to a mailbox on our exchange server using
    >cdo.message?

    See the FAQ:

    How do I send e-mail with CDO?
    http://www.aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2026

    SMTPSendUsing should be 2, specify the SMTP server as your Exchange
    server, make sure Exchange can relay for the system your web site is
    on.

    Jeff

    Jeff Cochran, Mar 21, 2005