Server.CreateObject("Access.Application")

David Di Donato

hi

i have a big problem. i have an asp file with the following source code....

******
Set r_ = Server.CreateObject ("Access.Application.10")

s1 = "DoAnything()"

with r_
.visible = false
.OpenCurrentDatabase "D:\SP5\Data\SPIS_LUPK_Vers.mdb"
sApp = .Eval(s1)
.CloseCurrentDataBase
.Quit acQuitSaveNone

End With

******

my problem is, that the createobject on my iis 15sec. goes....that is not
normally, or ????

what is the problem ? IIS settings ? DComCnfg ?? ASP Problem ??? Wrong
Settings ?

please help me....it's very important....

thanks
david

Bob Barrows [MVP]

David said:
hi

i have a big problem. i have an asp file with the following source
code....

******
Set r_ = Server.CreateObject ("Access.Application.10")

s1 = "DoAnything()"

with r_
.visible = false
.OpenCurrentDatabase "D:\SP5\Data\SPIS_LUPK_Vers.mdb"
sApp = .Eval(s1)
.CloseCurrentDataBase
.Quit acQuitSaveNone

End With

******

my problem is, that the createobject on my iis 15sec. goes....that is
not normally, or ????

what is the problem ? IIS settings ? DComCnfg ?? ASP Problem ??? Wrong
Settings ?
Wouldn't know. I've never automated Access in a server application like
ASP:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;en-us;q257757