    shopping cart).

    Regards

    Rob
    Rob Meade, Jul 7, 2006

  2. Rob Meade

    Patrice Guest

    It uses a session cookie to identify the session server side. If all cookies
    including session cookies (those that are stored in memory and cleaned when
    IE stops opposed to those stored on disk) are disabled, the session can't be
    maintained.

    Try :
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/223799/en-us
    (a bit ambiguous, the ASP session cookie stores just the id of the session,
    session variables themselves are stored server side).

    --
    Patrice

    Patrice, Jul 7, 2006

  3. Rob Meade

    Rob Meade Guest

    "Patrice" wrote ...

    > It uses a session cookie to identify the session server side. If all
    > cookies including session cookies (those that are stored in memory and
    > cleaned when IE stops opposed to those stored on disk) are disabled, the
    > session can't be maintained.

    Hello Patrice,

    Thank you for your reply and information. One further question then if I
    may...

    As the session variables are paramount to the operation of my shopping cart
    application, is there a way to test whether or not they can be used? I'm
    hoping for something a bit more clever than...

    Session("SessionAvailable") = "True"

    If Session("SessionAvailable") = "True" Then

    ' cool

    Else

    ' not so cool

    End If

    etc...anything shorter, quicker, easier that can be used which would enable
    me to test on each page and display a message if they are not enabled?

    Regards

    Rob
    Rob Meade, Jul 7, 2006
  4. Rob Meade

    CJM Guest

    "Rob Meade" <> wrote in message

    > Session("SessionAvailable") = "True"
    >
    > If Session("SessionAvailable") = "True" Then
    >
    > ' cool
    >
    > Else
    >
    > ' not so cool
    >
    > End If

    This is pretty much what you have to do...
    CJM, Jul 7, 2006
  5. Rob Meade

    Patrice Guest

    I would read this though on another page so that there is a round trip. Here
    I think the server might well store the value fine, the problem being that
    the cookie won't be find on the next round trip preventing the server to
    pair the request with the session store it preivously used...

    --
    Patrice

    Patrice, Jul 7, 2006
  6. Rob Meade

    Rob Meade Guest

    "Patrice" / "CJM" wrote...

    /

    >This is pretty much what you have to do...

    Thanks for your replies, I'll give it a go...wonder how many people switch
    this stuff off? first time I've written a shopping cart app so kinda
    "twitching" a bit with it! :eek:/

    Rob
    Rob Meade, Jul 8, 2006