Solution for the Error Specified below

praveen kumar via .NET 247

Error Message:

Visual Studio.Net has detected that the specified Web Server is not
running ASP.NET Version 1.1. You will be Unable to run ASP.NET Web Applications or Services.

Dear Sir/Madame

This the error i get when iam trying to run my ASP.NET Project in Visual Studio.NET. I registered the ASP.NET Application and checked again. Still the same error is apperaing.

How should i resolve this problem ?

Trevor Benedict R

Here are some of the things that I can remember
Check if IIS is configured to a Particular IP, if so remove this for the
particular website that you are trying to debug.

instead of creating your project as localhost try the IP address. If
this works then add the localhost 12.0.0.01 mapping in your hosts file.

or register ver 1.1 of th Framework using
%windir%\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\aspnet_regiis.exe -i
where %windir% is you default windows installation path.

If you are using IIS 6
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;817267

Trevor Benedict R
MCSD

Lauchlan M

-------------------------------------------------------------------------- -
Dear Sir/Madame

This the error i get when iam trying to run my ASP.NET Project in Visual
Studio.NET. I registered the ASP.NET Application and checked again. Still
the same error is apperaing.

I also have this problem.

It _seemed_ (AFAICR) to surface last time I updated ZoneAlarm. Now
everything works fine when I turn off ZoneAlarm, but fails in the same way
you describe when I turn it on again.

I don't know if this is the issue for you, but it's worth checking if it's a
firewall issue . . .

Lauchlan M

Lauchlan M

did u install iis after installing vs.net/.net framework. If this is the
case then find the aspnet_regiis.exe in
"%windir%\Microsoft.NET\Framework\version\aspnet_regiis.exe" and run it from
the command prompt with -i. Refer to the following KB article.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;306005

If this is not the case then refer to the following article
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;817267

That didn't work for me.

When I turn ZoneAlarm off, it works fine.

When I turn ZoneAlarm on again, it doesn't work (same error as described).

I am taking this up with ZoneAlarm - I think the error occured when I
auto-updated to ZA 5.

I think ZA really ought to do more beta testing - the update to ZA for was a
disaster, and ZA5 seems to be a problem too.

Lauchlan M