Something strange in IE land...

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Nik Coughin, May 20, 2005.

  1. Nik Coughin

    Nik Coughin Guest

    Hi,

    I have a client and a page on their site has gone wonky when they look at in
    IE 6. The page in question validates as HTML 4.01 strict and the CSS also
    validates. It looks fine on all of the browsers on my machine, and it looks
    fine in every IE combination I could manage under Browsercam. However, she
    has a friend who also sees it as being wonky.

    Here is a screenshot from her computer:
    http://www.nrkn.com/temp/oddProblem.jpg [56k]

    Here are the browsercam captures:
    http://www.browsercam.com/public.aspx?proj_id=164359

    Here is the page in question:
    http://www.snowvision.org.nz/skiCamps.html

    Can anyone who has a moment please have a look and tell me if it looks OK to
    you?

    Does anyone know what the problem may be?

    Thanks heaps!

    --
    Nik Coughlin
    Nik Coughin, May 20, 2005

  2. Nik Coughin

    Mark Parnell Guest

    Previously in alt.html, Nik Coughin <nrkn!no-spam!@woosh.co.nz> said:

    > http://www.nrkn.com/temp/oddProblem.jpg [56k]

    Site seems to be down.

    > http://www.snowvision.org.nz/skiCamps.html
    >
    > Can anyone who has a moment please have a look and tell me if it looks OK to
    > you?

    Just a small problem at the bottom of the page. Left and middle columns
    in FF, just the left column (and smaller problem) in IE. Is that the
    same problem they are having?

    http://clarkecomputers.com.au/usenet/snowvision-ff.jpg [11kB]
    http://clarkecomputers.com.au/usenet/snowvision-ie.jpg [6kB]

    > Does anyone know what the problem may be?

    Not offhand - no time to check closely ATM, sorry.

    --
    Mark Parnell
    http://www.clarkecomputers.com.au
    Mark Parnell, May 20, 2005

  3. Nik Coughin

    Wÿrm Guest

    "Nik Coughin" <nrkn!no-spam!@woosh.co.nz> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have a client and a page on their site has gone wonky when they look at

    in
    > IE 6. The page in question validates as HTML 4.01 strict and the CSS also
    > validates. It looks fine on all of the browsers on my machine, and it

    looks
    > fine in every IE combination I could manage under Browsercam. However,

    she
    > has a friend who also sees it as being wonky.

    <snip>

    > Does anyone know what the problem may be?

    In IE, change fontsize to smaller or smallest and look page when window is
    maximized. Problem probably shows up then. Bit different problem occurs,
    especially bottom of page, on FireFox too when you change fontsizes...
    Wÿrm, May 20, 2005
  4. Nik Coughin

    Blade Guest

    "Nik Coughin" stopped pulling out his hair to ask,
    > Here is the page in question:
    > http://www.snowvision.org.nz/skiCamps.html
    >
    > Can anyone who has a moment please have a look and tell me if it looks OK
    > to you?

    It looks fine to me.

    I used IE 6 with Win XP SP2, and I also viewed in FireFox 1.0.4, and it
    looks fine.

    I'm only just starting CSS, so I would have no clue whatsoever as to what's
    causing it to misbehave.

    Hope this helps :)

    Cheers

    Matt