Sr. Staff Engineer opportunity in Palo Alto

Discussion in 'C++' started by Maryellen, Mar 21, 2007.

  1. Maryellen

    Maryellen Guest

    I work inside the Engineering group here at VMware and we are hiring
    talent and expertise in the Object Oriented world. I primarily work
    with the Systems Imaging group and we are pretty sharp working with
    several different projects that have a variety of expertises needed.
    Below is an example of a job that we are hiring for. Please contact me
    with your interest!
    Maryellen O'Connell 650-812-6614

    Sr/Staff SW Engineer-Systems Imaging Applications
    VMware Inc., an EMC company and a pioneer in virtualization software
    for industry-standard computers, is seeking a software engineer with
    strong distributed systems, client-server and scalable applications
    development experience. The candidate will participate in the design,
    implementation and delivery of the next generation of applications
    that leverage the virtual machine infrastructure and provide added
    value to the customer.
    Responsibilities
    ·Design and develop virtual machine-based next generation applications
    focused on delivering value in the areas of patch management,
    vulnerability scanning, disaster recovery, etc.
    ·Work with QA engineers to ensure software testability, quality and
    stability.
    Work with the documentation team and ensure good quality documentation
    of the product.
    ·Work with Product Management team to jointly define the vision for
    future versions of the products.
    Mandatory Requirements:
    ·Masters Degree in Computer Science or Engineering
    ·7-12 years of industry experience
    ·Experience developing client-server, distributed, multithreaded
    applications in C++ or Java
    ·Systems software background on at least one of Windows or Linux/Unix
    ·Experience in object-oriented design methodology and techniques
    ·Proven ability to deliver commercial quality software
    ·Understanding of System architecture, including processors, storage
    and networking concepts
    ·Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and ability to
    interface with customers
    ·Strong analytical/problem-solving skills

    Desirable Requirements:
    Experience in building systems-management or monitoring products.
    ·Prior experience on patch management, vulnerability assessment or
    disaster recovery tools would be wonderful.
    ·Experience with file systems, filter drivers, volume management
    ·Good understanding of Windows or Linux boot process

    Maryellen, Mar 21, 2007

  2. Maryellen wrote:
    > I work inside the Engineering group here [..]
    >
    > Sr/Staff SW Engineer-Systems Imaging Applications
    > VMware Inc., [..]

    Off-topic

    Victor Bazarov, Mar 21, 2007