Sr. Staff Engineer opportunity in Palo Alto

Maryellen

I work inside the Engineering group here at VMware and we are hiring
talent and expertise in the Object Oriented world. I primarily work
with the Systems Imaging group and we are pretty sharp working with
several different projects that have a variety of expertises needed.
Below is an example of a job that we are hiring for. Please contact me
with your interest!
Maryellen O'Connell (e-mail address removed) 650-812-6614

Sr/Staff SW Engineer-Systems Imaging Applications
VMware Inc., an EMC company and a pioneer in virtualization software
for industry-standard computers, is seeking a software engineer with
strong distributed systems, client-server and scalable applications
development experience. The candidate will participate in the design,
implementation and delivery of the next generation of applications
that leverage the virtual machine infrastructure and provide added
value to the customer.
Responsibilities
·Design and develop virtual machine-based next generation applications
focused on delivering value in the areas of patch management,
vulnerability scanning, disaster recovery, etc.
·Work with QA engineers to ensure software testability, quality and
stability.
Work with the documentation team and ensure good quality documentation
of the product.
·Work with Product Management team to jointly define the vision for
future versions of the products.
Mandatory Requirements:
·Masters Degree in Computer Science or Engineering
·7-12 years of industry experience
·Experience developing client-server, distributed, multithreaded
applications in C++ or Java
·Systems software background on at least one of Windows or Linux/Unix
·Experience in object-oriented design methodology and techniques
·Proven ability to deliver commercial quality software
·Understanding of System architecture, including processors, storage
and networking concepts
·Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and ability to
interface with customers
·Strong analytical/problem-solving skills

Desirable Requirements:
Experience in building systems-management or monitoring products.
·Prior experience on patch management, vulnerability assessment or
disaster recovery tools would be wonderful.
·Experience with file systems, filter drivers, volume management
·Good understanding of Windows or Linux boot process