SWT Examples view in Eclipse

adolfox

I have Eclipse 3.1.2 installed. I installed the SWT examples in the
Examples section of the Welcome. In the Help, it says that the
examples can be run from the SWT Examples view. I got to my views and
click on Other, and there isn't an SWT Examples view. I downloaded and
installed the windows SWT binaries.

Why is the SWT Examples view not showing up? Has it been deprecated?
Is it not compatible with ver. 3.1.2 of Eclipse?

I would appreciate any thoughts. Thanks in advance.

adolfo

Kipp Watson

I have Eclipse 3.1.2 installed. I installed the SWT examples in the
Examples section of the Welcome. In the Help, it says that the
examples can be run from the SWT Examples view. I got to my views and
click on Other, and there isn't an SWT Examples view. I downloaded and
installed the windows SWT binaries.

Why is the SWT Examples view not showing up? Has it been deprecated?
Is it not compatible with ver. 3.1.2 of Eclipse?

I would appreciate any thoughts. Thanks in advance.

adolfo

Have you tried placing your example SWT files in the eclipse/plugins
subdirectory? Have you checked your classpath declarations?

It works for me in this subdirectory, so there is no problem with
deprecation or compatibility.

Kipp Watson
www.kronolog.com
"KronoLog: the information manager for the information age"

Joined
May 7, 2012
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Same Issue

(e-mail address removed) wrote:
> I have Eclipse 3.1.2 installed. I installed the SWT examples in the
> Examples section of the Welcome. In the Help, it says that the
> examples can be run from the SWT Examples view. I got to my views and
> click on Other, and there isn't an SWT Examples view. I downloaded and
> installed the windows SWT binaries.
>
> Why is the SWT Examples view not showing up? Has it been deprecated?
> Is it not compatible with ver. 3.1.2 of Eclipse?
>
> I would appreciate any thoughts. Thanks in advance.
>
> adolfo

Have you tried placing your example SWT files in the eclipse/plugins
subdirectory? Have you checked your classpath declarations?

It works for me in this subdirectory, so there is no problem with
deprecation or compatibility.

Kipp Watson
www.kronolog.com
"KronoLog: the information manager for the information age"

I am also having the same issue, has this been resolved ? I tried putting the contents into both the plugin directory and the dropin directory (documents say to use the dropin directory).