"The operation has timed-out." exception on WinXP

Ramana

Hi Yanhong Huang,
I am aware of this tool and I will monitor the key at a later date. Since we
are not sure which application is changing this key, we have to monitor this
key for few weeks at least.

Thanks,
Ramana

Yan-Hong Huang said:
Hello Romana,

I am glad that the root cause is found. To find out more informatin on how
this registry key is created, you could use a tool named RegMon in
www.sysinternals.com to see when and which program modifies it.

Hope that helps.

Best regards,
Yanhong Huang
Microsoft Online Partner Support

--------------------
!From: "Ramana" <[email protected]>
!Subject: Re: "The operation has timed-out." exception on WinXP
!Date: Sat, 27 Sep 2003 12:58:43 +0530
!Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet.webservices
!
!Hi Yanhong Huang,
!
!Thanks for the reply.
!
!I am able to consume other web services created by ASP.NET and the WSDL
!generated for ASP webservice and jboss web service are identical.
!I did some expernimentation with the problamatic profile and found
yesterday
!evening that a registry key is creating the problem
!Here is the key
!([HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet
!Settings\Connections]\DefaultConnectionSettings)
!I think SOAP is using the default proxy settings available in the user
!profile. The application is working after removing this key. We also found
!another fix by setting the proxy preoperty of soap object to 'empty proxy'
!and found the program working fine. We are going to apply this solution in
!our project.
!However, I could not find how (and Which programe changed the key) this
!registry key is changed to a particular user.
!
!Any idea on this will help us to document the problem more clearly so taht
!other teams will not face a similar problem.
!
!Thanks,
!Ramana
!
!
!!> Hello Ramana,
!>
!> Thanks for posting in the group.
!>
!> Here is some suggestions for you:
!>
!> 1) If you create web reference in .NET IDE, will u meet it?
!>
!> 2) Please correct to other web services to see if the problem is there?
!>
!> 3) Use SoapTrace tool in soap toolkit to compare the difference of soap
!> message.
!>
!> If you still can't find out the reason, I suggest you contact Microsoft
!> Product Support Service in order that a support professional will work
!with
!> you specially on this problem. Here is the link for your reference:
!>
!http://support.microsoft.com/common/international.aspx?rdpath=fh;en-us;cnta
!> tms
!>
!> Best regards,
!> Yanhong Huang
!> Microsoft Online Partner Support
!>
!> Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security
!> This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no
!rights.
!>
!> --------------------
!> !From: "Ramana" <[email protected]>
!> !Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2003 16:33:20 +0530
!> !Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet.webservices
!> !
!> !Hi,
!> !I am facing a similar ptoblem but wirh soap request.
!> !
!> !Here are the problem details. I am in deep trouble. Please help me
fixing
!> !the problem.
!> !
!> !
!> !I am building a Windows Forms application to consume Webservices
provided
!> !
!> !by the jboss server. I used the Windows WSDL.exe tool to generate the
!proxy
!> !
!> !code. The proxy code file has been added to my windows forms aplication.
!> !
!> !When the exposed webservice methods are called, application gives the
!timed
!> !
!> !out error("The operation has timed-out."). There is no proxy between the
!> !
!> !client and server.
!> !
!> !We checked that the server is sending response properly but the my
!> !
!> !webrequest is unable to recieve the response.
!> !
!> !This problem is happening after working for some time not every time.
!> !
!> !However, once this problem comes, I am not able to run the same
!> !
!> !application on any machine but other users are able to run the same
!> !
!> !application on the same machine. With this, we assumed that my roaming
!> !
!> !profile got corrupted and restored some old profile then I am able to
run
!> !
!> !the application again. The same thing happend to many of my team members
!> !
!> !also.
!> !
!> !I think profile corruption is very dangerous and we need some urgent
!> !
!> !solution for this before rolling my application to actual users.
!> !
!> !Advace Thanks
!> !
!> !Ramana
!> !
!> !
!> !
!> !Here is the code snippet:
!> !
!> !//Web Service method called like below
!> !
!> !ClientConfigLocalService ccls = new ClientConfigLocalService();
!> !
!> !string xmlConfig = ccls.getURLs("4545454");
!> !
!> !
!> !
!> !//ClientConfigLocalService.CS (WSDL tool generated file)
!> !
!>
!!//------------------------------------------------------------------------
-
!> !
!> !-
!> !
!> !----
!> !
!> !// <autogenerated>
!> !
!> !// This code was generated by a tool.
!> !
!> !// Runtime Version: 1.0.3705.0
!> !
!> !//
!> !
!> !// Changes to this file may cause incorrect behavior and will be lost
!> !
!> !if
!> !
!> !// the code is regenerated.
!> !
!> !// </autogenerated>
!> !
!>
!!//------------------------------------------------------------------------
-
!> !
!> !-
!> !
!> !----
!> !
!> !//
!> !
!> !// This source code was auto-generated by wsdl, Version=1.0.3705.0.
!> !
!> !//
!> !
!> !using System.Diagnostics;
!> !
!> !using System.Xml.Serialization;
!> !
!> !using System;
!> !
!> !using System.Web.Services.Protocols;
!> !
!> !using System.ComponentModel;
!> !
!> !using System.Web.Services;
!> !
!> !
!> !
!> !/// <remarks/>
!> !
!> ![System.Diagnostics.DebuggerStepThroughAttribute()]
!> !
!> ![System.ComponentModel.DesignerCategoryAttribute("code")]
!> !
!> ![System.Web.Services.WebServiceBindingAttribute
!> !
!> !(Name="CasClientConfigSoapBin
!> !
!> !ding",
!> !
!> !Namespace="http://mycompany.com:8080/jboss-net/services/CasClientCo
!> !
!> !nfig")]
!> !
!> !public class ClientConfigLocalService :
!> !
!> !System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol {
!> !
!> !/// <remarks/>
!> !
!> !public ClientConfigLocalService() {
!> !
!> !this.Url =
!> !
!> !"http://mycompany.com:8080/jboss-net/services/CasClientConfig";
!> !
!> !}
!> !
!> !/// <remarks/>
!> !
!> ![System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapRpcMethodAttribute
!> !
!> !("CasClientConfig",
!> !
!> !RequestNamespace="http://mycompany.com:8080/jboss-net/services/CasC
!> !
!> !lientConfig",
!> !
!> !ResponseNamespace="http://mycompany.com:8080/jboss-net/services/Cas
!> !
!> !ClientConfig")]
!> !
!> ![return: System.Xml.Serialization.SoapElementAttribute
!> !
!> !("getURLsReturn")]
!> !
!> !public string getURLs(string in0) {
!> !
!> !object[] results = this.Invoke("getURLs", new object[] {
!> !
!> !in0});
!> !
!> !return ((string)(results[0]));
!> !
!> !}
!> !
!> !/// <remarks/>
!> !
!> !public System.IAsyncResult BegingetURLs(string in0,
!> !
!> !System.AsyncCallback
!> !
!> !callback, object asyncState) {
!> !
!> !return this.BeginInvoke("getURLs", new object[] {
!> !
!> !in0}, callback, asyncState);
!> !
!> !}
!> !
!> !/// <remarks/>
!> !
!> !public string EndgetURLs(System.IAsyncResult asyncResult) {
!> !
!> !object[] results = this.EndInvoke(asyncResult);
!> !
!> !return ((string)(results[0]));
!> !
!> !}
!> !
!> !/// <remarks/>
!> !
!> ![System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapRpcMethodAttribute
!> !
!> !("CasClientConfig",
!> !
!> !RequestNamespace="http://mycompany.com:8080/jboss-net/services/CasC
!> !
!> !lientConfig",
!> !
!> !ResponseNamespace="http://mycompany.com:8080/jboss-net/services/Cas
!> !
!> !ClientConfig")]
!> !
!> ![return:
!> !
!> !System.Xml.Serialization.SoapElementAttribute("getServerVersionReturn")]
!> !
!> !public string getServerVersion() {
!> !
!> !object[] results = this.Invoke("getServerVersion", new object[0]);
!> !
!> !return ((string)(results[0]));
!> !
!> !}
!> !
!> !/// <remarks/>
!> !
!> !public System.IAsyncResult BegingetServerVersion(System.AsyncCallback
!> !
!> !callback, object asyncState) {
!> !
!> !return this.BeginInvoke("getServerVersion", new object[0],
!> !
!> !callback,
!> !
!> !asyncState);
!> !
!> !}
!> !
!> !/// <remarks/>
!> !
!> !public string EndgetServerVersion(System.IAsyncResult asyncResult) {
!> !
[...]
!> !System.Xml.Serialization.SoapElementAttribute("getObjectConfigReturn")]
!> !
!> !public string getObjectConfig(string in0) {
!> !
!> !object[] results = this.Invoke("getObjectConfig", new object[] {
!> !
!> !in0});
!> !
!> !return ((string)(results[0]));
!> !
!> !}
!> !
!> !/// <remarks/>
!> !
!> !public System.IAsyncResult BegingetObjectConfig(string in0,
!> !
!> !System.AsyncCallback callback, object asyncState) {
!> !
!> !return this.BeginInvoke("getObjectConfig", new object[] {
!> !
!> !in0}, callback, asyncState);
!> !
!> !}
!> !
!> !/// <remarks/>
!> !
!> !public string EndgetObjectConfig(System.IAsyncResult asyncResult) {
!> !