    Service A is on a Windows 2000 box with IIS 5.1 and the Web Service B is on
    Win 2K3 with IIS 6.0.
    Any suggestions will be appreciated.
    sandeep, Sep 27, 2006

  2. Sandeep,

    Did you check the following
    1. Is the service B doing some operation involving Data Access
    2. If so check whether there is any problem with the database interaction
    2. Is service B doing some operation consuming resources
    3. Whether service B is sporadically unavailable ?
    4. Whether service A is not able to make calls to the sevice sporadically ?
    5. Just also check whether connectivity between Service A and Service B is
    sporadically unavailable ?
    --
    Thanks & Regards,
    Sundar Narasimman

    Sundar Narasimman, Sep 29, 2006

  3. sandeep

    sandeep Guest

    Sundar,
    Have checked all of the below. Service B when tested using a non
    WebService client ( but with the same data as A would call it ) always
    responds quickly no matter how many times it is called. There are no network
    issues between A and B. The calls from A that fail with the time-out issue do
    not show up on Service B's IIS logs at all. So it almost seems like they
    never make it out of Service A's machine. One think I failed to mention is
    that Service B is set for Integrated Authentication in IIS.

    sandeep, Sep 29, 2006