Tool for validating xml documents against schemas

Discussion in 'XML' started by Jan Eliasen, Oct 23, 2003.

  1. Jan Eliasen

    Jan Eliasen Guest

    Hi

    I am searching for a tool that will allow me to validate an xml-document
    against a schema. I have found several, and I have even made my own in
    VB.NET but all the utilities I have found can not do what I am looking
    for.

    I need a utility that will validate a totally unqualified document against
    an .xsd that imports three other .xsds

    I seem to be able to validate an unqualified document against a schema in
    a single file, but with several files it goes wrong. Any ideas? VB.NET
    code that should be able to do the trick is also very welcome.

    Thanks in advance.

    --
    Eliasen Jr.
    Jan Eliasen, Oct 23, 2003

  2. Jan Eliasen

    Hook Guest

    On Thu, 23 Oct 2003 14:27:32 +0200, Jan Eliasen <>
    wrote:

    >Hi
    >
    >I am searching for a tool that will allow me to validate an xml-document
    >against a schema. I have found several, and I have even made my own in
    >VB.NET but all the utilities I have found can not do what I am looking
    >for.
    >
    >I need a utility that will validate a totally unqualified document against
    >an .xsd that imports three other .xsds
    >
    >I seem to be able to validate an unqualified document against a schema in
    >a single file, but with several files it goes wrong. Any ideas? VB.NET
    >code that should be able to do the trick is also very welcome.

    There's a free-standing validator from Sun which is written in Java.
    Can't remember the URL (sorry), but it should be an easy find from
    Google.
    --
    The Hooker
    "I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it"
    Hook, Oct 27, 2003

  3. Hook wrote:

    > There's a free-standing validator from Sun which is written in Java.
    > Can't remember the URL (sorry), but it should be an easy find from
    > Google.

    Sun Multi-Schema XML Validator
    --
    Alex
    Alexey Dmitriev, Oct 27, 2003
  4. Jan Eliasen

    Jan Eliasen Guest

    On Mon, 27 Oct 2003, Alexey Dmitriev wrote:

    > > There's a free-standing validator from Sun which is written in Java.
    > > Can't remember the URL (sorry), but it should be an easy find from
    > > Google.

    > Sun Multi-Schema XML Validator

    I have just tried it - It gives me an error in my .xsd;
    "0" is invalid value for "mixed" attribute
    4569:59@file:/c:/xsd/0p70dk_Reusable.xsd
    failed to load a grammar.

    But when I use my VB.NET tool to validate the xsd I get no errors. So what
    am I to believe? :-/

    --
    Eliasen Jr.
    Jan Eliasen, Oct 27, 2003
  5. In article <>,
    %
    % > > There's a free-standing validator from Sun which is written in Java.
    % > > Can't remember the URL (sorry), but it should be an easy find from
    % > > Google.
    % > Sun Multi-Schema XML Validator
    % I have just tried it - It gives me an error in my .xsd;
    % "0" is invalid value for "mixed" attribute
    % 4569:59@file:/c:/xsd/0p70dk_Reusable.xsd
    % failed to load a grammar.
    %
    % But when I use my VB.NET tool to validate the xsd I get no errors. So what
    % am I to believe? :-/

    Well, 0 is an invalid value for the `mixed' attribute, so if you have

    mixed='0'

    on one of your xs:complexType elements, believe the Sun validator.
    Try setting it to `true' or `false'.
    --

    Patrick TJ McPhee
    East York Canada