TVApplet

Jenny

Hi,

I tried TVApplet from Sun. It works with .avi file. It can play
audio out of .mov file but the screen is black. It does not play
..mpeg file. So I think that JMF ( Java media framework ) only work
with .avi. If i am wrong, please tell what I need to make other movie
types work.

If you use a Mini DV camcoder to shot a movie on a tape. And then
transfer the movie to computer CD, what is the format on CD? I have a
Sony DCR HC 65.

Thanks.

Sudsy

Jenny said:
Hi,

I tried TVApplet from Sun. It works with .avi file. It can play
audio out of .mov file but the screen is black. It does not play
.mpeg file. So I think that JMF ( Java media framework ) only work
with .avi. If i am wrong, please tell what I need to make other movie
types work.
<snip>

Jenny,
No offence intended, but you've been asking a lot of questions on
this ng recently. Given the time lag between posting and possible
There is a plethora of information available on-line. Get comfortable
with a search engine and go to town.
If you want to check the archives (to see if your question has already
been answered in the past) then start here:
<http://groups.google.com>
I use Yahoo! for most of my searching (but it's definitely a personal
taste issue) and so you could start here:
<http://www.yahoo.com>
Thankfully, most search engines have standardized on the query strings
(both of the above adhere to it) so all you have to do is specify the
keywords and prefix each with a plus sign.
To answer questions on Java software, go to the source:
<http://java.sun.com>
(ps. Their search engine also adheres to the common format.)
As far as the data format on a CD, why not ask the person who performed
the conversion from tape in the first place? If it's generated by Sony
software then just visit the Sony site (the URL is, quite naturally,
<http://www.sony.com>.)
But if you've encountered something really gnarly and have nowhere else
to turn then the people here might be able to help. Some of us love a
challenge! :)