Unable to start debugger on webserver

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Andrew, Aug 7, 2003.

  1. Andrew

    Andrew Guest

    Hi,

    I made the unfortunate mistake of installing Windows 2000 Service Pack
    4 and .NET Framework 1.0 Service Pack 2 on a development machine
    (1.0.3705.288). This broke the Visual Studio .NET IDE. However, the
    Fixxml.exe at Microsoft.com fixed that issue. We developed without
    issue for the rest of the day (mostly javascript/related client side
    code) but then the famous "Error trying to run project: Unable to
    start debugging on the web server: Would you like to disable...."
    cropped up.

    These are the following steps that we have taken to resolve this
    problem, all of which were unsuccessful (Debugging worked prior to
    SP4/.Net SP2):

    Verified web.config debug=true in the specific application
    Verified no syntax errors in web.config
    Verified users in Debugger Users/Administrators
    Verified project creation was by NetBIOS name rather than IP address
    Verified Anonymous ACcess/Integrated Windows Authentication enabled
    Verified DEBUG keywords in configuration for .aspx, .asax, .asmx

    Virtual folders for the applications were assigned, but the
    application name dialog boxes were blank. Assigned names to the
    applications corresponding to the actual project names.

    Ran aspnet_regiis.exe -r. This enabled the new 1.0.3705.288
    aspnet_wp.exe to be assigned to all scriptmappings.

    Ran regsvr32
    %SYSTEMROOT$\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.0.3705\aspnet_isapi.dll

    Ran iisreset multiple times.

    I cannot verify that vs.net remote components are installed for this
    version of .net (.288). I also have not of course rebuilt the .net
    framework yet, as my boss has asked me not to until I get some

    Can anyone advise on best way to solve this?

    Andrew, Aug 7, 2003