Using Mappoint in Asp.Net

Ivo Luyckx

I've been trying to build a .NET application that references the
MapPoint Type Library.
I've succeeded to implement and run a .NET Windows application

MapPoint.Application app = new MapPoint.ApplicationClass();

This works just fine, but when I try the same in a ASP.NET web application
or service

I get a runtime exception:

System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80080005): Server
execution failed

Does anyone have any idea why this is the case?

thanks in advance,

Ivo

degrem_m

Ivo said:
*I've been trying to build a .NET application that references the
MapPoint Type Library.
I've succeeded to implement and run a .NET Windows application

MapPoint.Application app = new MapPoint.ApplicationClass();

This works just fine, but when I try the same in a ASP.NET web
application
or service

I get a runtime exception:

System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80080005): Server
execution failed

Does anyone have any idea why this is the case?

thanks in advance,

Ivo *

Hi Ivo,

Did you find it ?

thanks for you time,
Michel

Joined
Jan 2, 2007
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Hi Ivo/Natty/degrem_m,

I get the same error but with Mappoint 2006.Could you let me know the resolution if any of you have it? The variation on mine is that it works fine for mappoint 2004, but when upgraded to 2006 throws the same error at ...New MapPoint.ApplicationClass().