Validation Summary Control not displaying MessageBox

Chris Lane

Hi,

I have the following in my .aspx page:
<asp:validationsummary id=VSAddStores style="Z-INDEX: 141;
LEFT: 721px; POSITION: absolute; TOP: 314px"
runat="server" Width="370px" Height="126px"
BackColor="Gainsboro" ShowMessageBox="True"
ShowSummary="False" HeaderText="The Following errors
occurred:"></asp:validationsummary>

I also have a RequiredFieldValidator connnected to a Text
Box.

When I submit the form with no value in the TextBox I
expected to see a messagebox client side using the VS
control, however I do not.

I also noticed that the EnableClientScript Property does
not seem to stay when I set it.

Is this some kind of bug?

I am using VS.NET 2002.

Thanks

Alvin Bruney

validation controls rely on a clientvalidation script which must be located
in the root web folder. The script is located in the aspnet_client folder.
Make sure that this is there. Or where ever it is located, the path in the
clientvalidation node in the machine config file must point to it.
Due to certain browser settings, the error message may not appear when the
file is not found. In that case, validation simply fails silently.

Regards

Chris Lane