    the sybsystems, but how to design interface between FPGA and host.
    Whether such interface has to be a separate PCB or it can be
    programmed in VHDL?

    Vagant, Oct 11, 2007

  2. Vagant wrote:

    > I need to design interface between parallel port of my PC host and
    > FPGA-based system which consists of several subsystems.
    > Obviously, FPGA has to have it's own bus or interconnections between
    > the sybsystems, but how to design interface between FPGA and host.
    > Whether such interface has to be a separate PCB or it can be
    > programmed in VHDL?

    The fpga is all you need.
    related example:
    http://home.comcast.net/~mike_treseler/oe_demo.vhd
    http://home.comcast.net/~mike_treseler/oe_demo.pdf

    -- Mike Treseler

    Mike Treseler, Oct 11, 2007

  3. Vagant

    Dave Pollum Guest

    On Oct 11, 9:49 am, Vagant <> wrote:
    > Hi All,
    >
    > I need to design interface between parallel port of my PC host and
    > FPGA-based system which consists of several subsystems.
    > Obviously, FPGA has to have it's own bus or interconnections between
    > the sybsystems, but how to design interface between FPGA and host.
    > Whether such interface has to be a separate PCB or it can be
    > programmed in VHDL?

    If your FPGA board has a parallel port connector that is connected to
    the FPGA, then you don't need an additional PCB. Write whatever VHDL
    you need so the FPGA will communicate with your PC.
    -Dave Pollum

    Dave Pollum, Oct 15, 2007