VHDL or PCB?

Vagant

Hi All,

I need to design interface between parallel port of my PC host and
FPGA-based system which consists of several subsystems.
Obviously, FPGA has to have it's own bus or interconnections between
the sybsystems, but how to design interface between FPGA and host.
Whether such interface has to be a separate PCB or it can be
programmed in VHDL?

Mike Treseler

Vagant said:
I need to design interface between parallel port of my PC host and
FPGA-based system which consists of several subsystems.
Obviously, FPGA has to have it's own bus or interconnections between
the sybsystems, but how to design interface between FPGA and host.
Whether such interface has to be a separate PCB or it can be
programmed in VHDL?

The fpga is all you need.
related example:
http://home.comcast.net/~mike_treseler/oe_demo.vhd
http://home.comcast.net/~mike_treseler/oe_demo.pdf

-- Mike Treseler

Dave Pollum

Hi All,

I need to design interface between parallel port of my PC host and
FPGA-based system which consists of several subsystems.
Obviously, FPGA has to have it's own bus or interconnections between
the sybsystems, but how to design interface between FPGA and host.
Whether such interface has to be a separate PCB or it can be
programmed in VHDL?

If your FPGA board has a parallel port connector that is connected to
the FPGA, then you don't need an additional PCB. Write whatever VHDL
you need so the FPGA will communicate with your PC.
-Dave Pollum