    Can someone please give me some code examples on how to accomplish this?

    Thanks,

    Rich
    Richard Morey, Apr 23, 2004

  2. Richard Morey

    Frederic Guest

    Exchange 2000 comes with a "webmail" feature! Just activate it and users
    will be able to manage their mailbox from their browser

    Here's the link for info about Outlook Web Access for Exchange 2003
    http://www.microsoft.com/exchange/owa/

    Here's the link for the in depth documentation on Outlook Web Access for
    Exchange 2000
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...c0-17d0-4c31-bf66-9a95cfacf9bb&DisplayLang=en

    --
    Frederic
    MCP (Windows 2000 Professional and Windows 2000 Directory Services)

    "Richard Morey" <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I am trying to write an ASP page so that a user can view his / her inbox

    on
    > an ASP page.
    >
    > I have searched high and low across the interent and seen things about

    CDO,
    > CDONT, CDOEX and CDOEXM but I'm not sure which is the right choice for my
    > situation.
    >
    > We are running Windows 2000 Server with Exchange 2000 and our client
    > computers are all either Windows 2000 or XP Professional.
    >
    > This app is for an intranet application which requires the user to log in
    > using his/her username/password for the domain server, so I have already
    > authenticated the user when they come to the page where I'd like them to

    be

    Frederic, Apr 24, 2004

  3. Hi,

    Thanks for this info.. I am familiar with the "built in" web access for
    Outlook, but I am building a portal for our intranet with an employee task
    list pulled from our in house project managment / time tracking / billing
    application and I'd love to add users e-mail to the portal.

    Rich

    Richard Morey, Apr 25, 2004
  4. Hi Brian --

    > Are you wanting to access their inbox on the server or on the client
    > machine?

    The ASP pages I am using to attempt to access the users Inbox are running on
    IIS which is on the same machine as the Exchange Server, so I guess the
    answer to that question is on the server..

    >What client software do your users use to access their inbox?

    Currently, the use Outlook because they are connecting to Exchange Server. I
    am building a portal for our intranet with an employee task list pulled from
    our in house project managment / time tracking / billing
    application and I'd love to add users e-mail to the portal and eliminate the
    need for Outlook to be installed on the client computers.

    > Do you want to access their inbox programmatically or just display it in a
    > browser window?

    I want to access their inbox through a browser, as part of the page for the
    portal I am building, so again here I guess the answer is to access the
    inbox programmatically.

    Thanks,

    Rich
    Richard Morey, Apr 25, 2004
  5. Hey Brian --

    The OCX thing is COOL!! I'm going to research methods, etc.. for this. Is
    there a way to get it to check for new mail?

    Rich

    "Brian Staff" <brianstaff@[NoSpam]compuserve.com> wrote in message
    > Richard,
    >
    > hmmm! - I'm not sure which direction to advise here...anyway - here is

    what I
    > have done:
    >
    > use MS outlook OCX to display Outlook inbox; calendar and tasks in 3 panes

    in a
    > browser window...here is the Inbox code:
    >
    > <object classid="clsid:0006F063-0000-0000-C000-000000000046" id="inbox"
    > viewastext>
    > <param name="Namespace" value="MAPI" />
    > <param name="Folder" value="Inbox" />
    > <param name="Restriction" value="" />
    > <param name="DeferUpdate" value="0" />
    > </object>
    >
    > OR
    >
    > use the Application.Outlook component in client-side script to

    programmatically

    Richard Morey, Apr 27, 2004