Vista and VS 2003

Mike P

I've heard rumours that VS 2003 is not supported by Vista, is this
correct? I have just purchased a new laptop with Vista OS, does this
mean I cannot work on any of my VS 2003 projects on it?

Mark Rae

I've heard rumours that VS 2003 is not supported by Vista, is this
correct?

Yes, and almost certainly never will be...
I have just purchased a new laptop with Vista OS, does this
mean I cannot work on any of my VS 2003 projects on it?

Not necessarily, it just means that it's not supported by Microsoft, i.e. if
you run into difficulties, they won't assist you...

Currently, no version of Visual Studio.NET is officially supported on
Vista - VS.NET 2005 + SP1 will be officially supported only if an additional
patch is installed - this hasn't been released yet...