visual studio 2002 not recognizing framework 1.1

Mad Scientist Jr

I have an ASP.NET project developed on one machine in Vis. Studio
2003, and moved it to an older machine that has Vis. Studio 2002. This
older machine has been upgraded with the 1.1 framework, as well as all
the latest MS service XP and .NET service packs. I created a new
ASP.NET project on the older machine, and imported all the .ASPX, .VB
files - but when it compiles I get errors like:

'SelectedValue' is not a member of
'System.Web.UI.WebControls.DropDownList'.
'HasRows' is not a member of 'System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader'.

I assume those control properties are new in framework 1.1 ?
How can I get Vis Studio .NET 2002 to recognize these new 1.1
properties?
Is the project defaulting to framework 1.0 somehow ?
How can I get Vis Sutdio .NET 2002 to use framework 1.1 ?

Thanks in advance...

Patrice Scribe

AFAIK you can't. My understanding is that, by design, VS.NET 2002 creates
1.0 applications and VS.ET 2003 creates 1.1 applications...