Visual Studion Connect to Win 2003 IIS 6.0 Server is challenged

Richard Lawson

Every time developers try to connect to a Windows 2003, IIS 6.0 server they
are challenged by NT. The directory is shared and they have full rights and
can connect using Windows Explorer and Notepad.

However, they are challenged with Visual InterDev 6.0. Only the
administrator's login and password will let them in. I have re-set their
permissions several times.

Hmmmmm.

Rich

Roland Hall

in message
:
: However, they are challenged with Visual InterDev 6.0. Only the
: administrator's login and password will let them in. I have re-set their
: permissions several times.

I believe the issue you're referring to is in SharePoint. I assume you're
using FPSE2K2.

--
Roland Hall
or fitness for a particular purpose. */

Jeff Cochran

Every time developers try to connect to a Windows 2003, IIS 6.0 server they
are challenged by NT. The directory is shared and they have full rights and
can connect using Windows Explorer and Notepad.

However, they are challenged with Visual InterDev 6.0. Only the
administrator's login and password will let them in. I have re-set their
permissions several times.

If they are connecting to a web site, FPSE is what's making the
connection. And likely providing your security issues. Add them to
the FPSE security.

Jeff