    need to look if the dll are to be migrated form win NT 4
    to win 2003

    thanks in advance
    Raj, Apr 13, 2004

  2. Raj

    Jeff Cochran Guest

    On Tue, 13 Apr 2004 11:42:19 -0700, "Raj"
    <> wrote:

    >can someone tell us what are the problems / issues while
    >migrating old ASP applications which are running on win
    >NT 4.0 to win 2003. we also have some dll but the
    >developers who wrote then have left the company without
    >proper documentation so it will be nice to know what we
    >need to look if the dll are to be migrated form win NT 4
    >to win 2003

    ASP isn't active by default in IIS6, make sure you allow the web
    application. No CDONTS is another issue that bites upgraders. Beyond
    that, most everything should work, though permissions are tighter in
    IIS6/Server 2003 and Parent Paths aren't enabled by default.

    As for DLL's your guess is as good as mine. Try them, then debug them
    or recreate them as needed.

    Jeff
    Jeff Cochran, Apr 13, 2004

  3. http://www.aspfaq.com/2476