VS.NET 2003 Project "Conversion"

George Durzi

Hey folks,
I just installed VS .NET 2003 on top of Windows 2003 Server. I was opening a
Web Project from source control, and got a warning that the project would
have to be "converted", and that I could no longer edit it in older versions
of Visual Studio.

What does this conversion entail. It seems like a 1 way path.

Steve C. Orr [MVP, MCSD]

If you convert your Visual Studio.NET 2002 project to Visual Studio.NET
2003, then you won't be able to open it in Visual Studio.NET 2002 any more.
Assuming everybody on your team has upgraded to Visual Studio.NET 2003, this
shouldn't be a problem.
Your finished ASP.NET project should still be able to be deployed on a
server with either version of the .NET framework installed assuming you
don't use any features that are specific to 1.1.
Here's more information:
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=820106