web server is not running ASP.NET version 1.1

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Mike P, Mar 5, 2004.

  1. Mike P

    Mike P Guest

    I tried to open my web project today and I get the following error :

    'VS.NET has detected that the web server is not running ASP.NET version
    1.1. You will be unable to run ASP.NET web applications or services.'

    I have been running VS.NET and working on my project in it for over a
    month. What is going on with this?

    Any help would be really appreciated!

    Cheers,

    Mike

    Mike P, Mar 5, 2004

  2. I think you use Visual studio 2003 to develop under framework 1.0

    If you can't upgrade the web server with dotnet 1.1 you have to use Visual
    studio 2002 (I think)

    Regards

    LJ
    eXJD#...

    \(Laurent Jordi\), Mar 5, 2004

  3. Check the ISAPI mappings for your web site. In IIS Admin, right-click the
    web site and select "Properties" from the context menu. You can find the
    ISPI mappings under the "Home Directory" tab by clicking the "Configuration"
    button and going to the "Mappings" tab.

    --
    HTH,
    Kevin Spencer

    Kevin Spencer, Mar 5, 2004
  4. Mike P

    Jens Hofmann Guest

    I got the same message, i checked everything in IIS but did not find the
    error, but than I realized thet I had installed Apache Webserver
    which caused this Error. Maybe you did the same.

    Ci@o Jens

    Jens Hofmann, Mar 7, 2004