web service deployment question

Saumin

hi,
i have a web service which does xyz stuff...i have a reference of it
in my asp.net web application. i call the web service asynchronously
and it all works fine on my local computer. i have the url behaviour
property set to dynamic. Now my asp.net web application is part of a
bigger application from which it inherits styles, session variables,
etc., but i dont haave it (bigger app) setup on my local computer so
when i move my web service to Production environment, nothing happens
when the page that calls the webservice is invoked. i do not even get
an error message. although if i hit the webservice directly by hitting
..asmx page, and invoke the method manually, it s fine. i dotn know
what i m missing. i also tried to copy the "web references" folder but
that didnt do anything. I have changed the url in web.config to point
to proper app/server name.
Can somebody please help me quickly on this?

Thanks!

Kirby Turner

The code behind in your application is compiled into an assembly that
is found in the bin directory under your web applications vroot. I am
guessing the assembly was not deployed with your web application.

Note: Make sure you compile your assembly with a name that does not
already exists in the other web application.

-KIRBY

Dan Rogers

Hi Saumin,

The easiest way to make sure all of the bits are properly copied is to
create the VRoot and copy files using the publish feature found in Visual
Studio.Net. This is found on the file menu after you have your web service
solution loaded. Once the VRoot is created and properly configured, you
can also use XCOPY and recursively copy all of the files from the VROOT
down.

The publish process will tell you if there are any required references that
are unresolvable on your host server.

Regards,

Dan Rogers
Microsoft Corporation