    web.config or in my client code (the service proxy's .URL property?) to
    modify the existing web reference to point at the new location?

    Thanks.

    Scott M., Mar 10, 2008

  2. "Scott M." <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Say I have an .asmx that has been in develoment in my local IIS virtual
    > directory and I've been accessing it with a development version of a
    > client (also in local IIS virtual directory). Everything works fine.
    >
    > Now, I deploy my webservice (.asmx) to a production server (also running
    > IIS, but obviously in a different virtual directory).
    >
    > Sure, I could just re-make my client's web reference to point to the new
    > location for the web service, but there must be some way to deal with this
    > situation without remaking web references. Is there something I can do in
    > web.config or in my client code (the service proxy's .URL property?) to
    > modify the existing web reference to point at the new location?

    The right way to do it is to set the Url property.
    John Saunders | MVP - Windows Server System - Connected System Developer

    John Saunders [MVP], Mar 10, 2008

  3. Scott M.

    Scott M. Guest

    Ok, that's what I was thinking.

    Thanks John.

    Scott M., Mar 10, 2008
  4. Scott M.

    Steven Cheng Guest

    Hi Scott,

    Yes, as long as the webservice(or its WSDL) hasn't been changed, the client
    proxy should remain the same. Therefore, when you deploy webservice to
    another location, just modify the client proxy's Url property. Also, .NET
    project by default store proxy's url property in App.config file, you can
    simply change this value in app.config file without modify code.

    Best regards,

    Steven Cheng
    Microsoft MSDN Online Support Lead

    suggestions about how we

    can improve the support we provide to you. Please feel free to let my
    manager know what you think of

    the level of service provided. You can send feedback directly to my manager
    at: .

    >From: "Scott M." <>

    <>

    ----