WebService error on Windows XP Pro

LopeleteRoxu

Hi,

I have a few WebServices that works correctly on my developer server
running Windows 2000 SBS. When I try to install them on a Windows XP
Pro SP2 whith the firewall stoped, they crash and don't work. If I try
to access the WebService web interface on the XP Pro, writting the
WebService address in the Internet Explorer
(http://server/app/ws.asmx), I can see the list of WebService memthods
without problem. When I click over any method, it works too, and I can
see the web interface to enter de parameters values. The problems comes
when I try to invoke the method: it shows me a 404 page not found
error, but if I compare the address on the XP Pro with the address in
the 2000 SBS, they look similiar.

Any idea about this problem?

Thank you very much.

S.M. Altaf [MVP]

Hi LopeleteRoxu,

Check IIS to see whether there are any permission settings on the web
service folder on the XP Pro box. Compare it to the settings on the Windows
2K box and make sure they match.

-S.M. Altaf
[MVP - VB]