WEBUIValidation.JS

Guest

Today when I run my application and click the "edit" link within a DataGrid,
the new screen is displayed and I get this message which pops up (which must
be coming from ASP.Net....Not within my application) stating that "it couuld
not find the module WebUIValidation.js" and that I should either copy this
file or I should run "aspnet_regiis -c". So I go down to the dos prompt and
run "aspnet_regiis -c". That runs fine, but when I look in that directory
where I ran that utilitity, I do not find any "WebUIValidation.js". When I
re-run the application the error goes away on the next edit but re-appears
within a couple of time of pressing the "edit" link in a the datagrid.

What is the error trying to tell me?

Bruce Barker

in asp.net 1.0/1.1 the required asp.net javascript files are in the folder
with the .net binaries. a vdir (/aspnet_client/system_web/<version number>)
is created in IIS to map to them. aspnet_regiis -c just recreates the vdirs.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)