WebuiValidation.js

Guest

I am having troubles in finding the file WebUIValidation.js.

When I try to use aspnet_regiis -c it gives me an error message.
Number 0x60040154/ (Which doesn't mean anything to me).

It wants to ask me the administer, but I don't have one.

Can anyone help me find this java script file and tell me where to put it?

Juan T. Llibre

If you're using ASP.NET 2.0, it's not used any more.
The Javascript functions in WebUIValidation.js are now embedded in .Net Framework classes.

Guest

I did find the script but I still get the errors.
Does that mean that I have a version of ASP smaller than that? How can the I
find the version?
(I think it is 1.0.3705.6018)

I am trying to learn ASP_NET by using ASP.NET Second Editon Unleased by
Stephan Waltgher.

I also have problems with the path. I normally store the source code in
drive F:. The
asp tools are on drive C. Is this OK?

I have a tool from the book that automatticaly adds "localhost" to the
path where the source is -- otherwise I
I don't know what path to use.

Another question: The book has a version of SQL Server 2000. I can't get
that to work. (Does "localhost" mean
c:\ or f:\ or neither.

Juan T. Llibre

re:
Does that mean that I have a version of ASP smaller than that? How can the I find the version? (I
think it is 1.0.3705.6018)

Look in the Microsoft.NET\Framework directories

If you only have Drive:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.0.3705
you have the .Net Framework 1.0

If you also have Drive:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322
you also have the .Net Framework 1.1.

If you also have Drive:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727
you also have the .Net Framework 2.0.

re:
I also have problems with the path. I normally store the source code in drive F:. The asp tools
are on drive C. Is this OK?

Yes, that's fine.

re:
Does "localhost" mean c:\ or f:\ or neither.

It means wherever you've configured the IIS root directory to be.

Usually, unless you change it, it's bootdrive:\inetpub\wwwroot

Guest

Thank you.
re: