What a Funny Goup! I Asked a Question About Boost (C++ Filesystem Interface) & All I Got Is: My Ques

Discussion in 'C++' started by perseus, Aug 12, 2003.

  1. perseus

    perseus Guest

    I think that everyone who told me that my question is irrelevant,
    in particular Mr. David White,
    is being absolutely ridiculous. Obviously, most of you up here
    behave like the owners of the C++ language. A C++ interface
    installation IS ABOUT THE C++ LANGUAGE! The language
    does not possess the ability to handle even simple file directory
    manipulation.
    Those wise people that created it did not take care of it. So, BOOST
    is a portable interface that contains a FILESYSTEM for handling
    files and directories in the C++ LANGUAGE!
    Now, where are you coming from telling me that a question about the
    installation of such an important interface does not belong to this
    group? Where did you learn logic? In a mental institution?
    Also, you are wasting a lot of bandwidth with your childish responses
    about relevance or irrelevance. Do you tell CNN to stop bothering you
    with its commercials every 3 minutes? Sure you do, pseudo-elitists!
    Either answer the question I posed up here, or MOVE ON TO THE NEXT
    MESSAGE! You are flooding the newsgroup with trivial and unnecessary
    messages. YOU do that, not me!

    perseus

    perseus, Aug 12, 2003

  2. "perseus" <> wrote...
    > I think that everyone who told me that my question is irrelevant,
    > in particular Mr. David White,
    > is being absolutely ridiculous. [...]
    > Either answer the question I posed up here, or MOVE ON TO THE NEXT
    > MESSAGE! You are flooding the newsgroup with trivial and unnecessary
    > messages. YOU do that, not me!

    Oh, really? So, this your message qualifies as necessary and
    non-trivial? And if you are not told that your posting about
    a product installation is irrelevant in a non-product newsgroup,
    how would you know to stop posting irrelevant messages? Where
    did _you_ learn logic?

    Victor Bazarov, Aug 12, 2003

  3. perseus

    Pete Guest

    no no no.....that message should have been posted in sci.med.drugs.valium!

    (that said... I agree with you)

    Pete, Aug 12, 2003
  4. perseus

    perseus Guest

    On Tue, 12 Aug 2003 09:52:33 -0400, "Victor Bazarov"
    <> wrote:

    >"perseus" <> wrote...
    >> I think that everyone who told me that my question is irrelevant,
    >> in particular Mr. David White,
    >> is being absolutely ridiculous. [...]
    >> Either answer the question I posed up here, or MOVE ON TO THE NEXT
    >> MESSAGE! You are flooding the newsgroup with trivial and unnecessary
    >> messages. YOU do that, not me!

    >Oh, really? So, this your message qualifies as necessary and
    >non-trivial? And if you are not told that your posting about
    >a product installation is irrelevant in a non-product newsgroup,
    >how would you know to stop posting irrelevant messages? Where
    >did _you_ learn logic?

    Victor,

    You continue using bandwidth with unnecessary messages.
    Obviously, you do not know the answer to my question.
    So, stop feeling compelled to respond. You just don't know
    the answer. Isn't that enough for you?

    perseus

    perseus, Aug 12, 2003
  5. "perseus" <> wrote...
    > [...]
    > Victor,
    >
    > You continue using bandwidth with unnecessary messages.
    > Obviously, you do not know the answer to my question.
    > So, stop feeling compelled to respond. You just don't know
    > the answer. Isn't that enough for you?

    It's just become enough for me. And probably for many others
    in this newsgroup. Don't be surprised when _all_ your posts
    will go unanswered.

    Victor Bazarov, Aug 12, 2003
  6. perseus

    perseus Guest

    On Tue, 12 Aug 2003 10:02:43 -0400, "Victor Bazarov"
    <> wrote:

    >"perseus" <> wrote...
    >> [...]
    >> Victor,
    >>
    >> You continue using bandwidth with unnecessary messages.
    >> Obviously, you do not know the answer to my question.
    >> So, stop feeling compelled to respond. You just don't know
    >> the answer. Isn't that enough for you?

    >It's just become enough for me. And probably for many others
    >in this newsgroup. Don't be surprised when _all_ your posts
    >will go unanswered.

    Of course, Victor. Why should they be answered by people who do not
    know the answer? I hope they are not. I agree.

    perseus

    perseus, Aug 12, 2003
  7. "Pete" <> wrote...
    > no hey keep going.....I haven't seen such pointless online bitch fighting
    > since I was 15...

    I see you haven't much progressed since then...

    Victor Bazarov, Aug 12, 2003
  8. On Tue, 12 Aug 2003 10:01:34 -0400, perseus wrote:

    > On Tue, 12 Aug 2003 09:52:33 -0400, "Victor Bazarov"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >>"perseus" <> wrote...
    >>> I think that everyone who told me that my question is irrelevant,
    >>> in particular Mr. David White,
    >>> is being absolutely ridiculous. [...]
    >>> Either answer the question I posed up here, or MOVE ON TO THE NEXT
    >>> MESSAGE! You are flooding the newsgroup with trivial and unnecessary
    >>> messages. YOU do that, not me!

    >>Oh, really? So, this your message qualifies as necessary and
    >>non-trivial? And if you are not told that your posting about
    >>a product installation is irrelevant in a non-product newsgroup,
    >>how would you know to stop posting irrelevant messages? Where
    >>did _you_ learn logic?

    > Victor,
    >
    > You continue using bandwidth with unnecessary messages.
    > Obviously, you do not know the answer to my question.
    > So, stop feeling compelled to respond. You just don't know
    > the answer. Isn't that enough for you?

    Keep up with that attitude and you're less likely to get help later if you
    post a question that is on topic in the group.

    You were offered advice ("look somewhere else, because this isn't the
    place to get your question answered") and start complaining when it wasn't
    the answer you wanted.

    And your post was the one that was unnessesary,
    because if you had done your homework (reading the faq) before posting you
    would have known wou'd get no answer.

    If you go into a grocery store to buy a hammer, and they tell you to go to
    the hardware store, do you complain?

    Atleast it appears that you caps-lock keys has become unstuck.

    regards
    NPV

    Nils Petter Vaskinn, Aug 12, 2003
  9. perseus

    Pete Guest

    Pete, Aug 12, 2003
  10. perseus

    perseus Guest

    Re: What a Funny Goup! I Asked a Question About Boost (C++ Filesystem Interface) & All I Got Is: My Question Is Irrelevant!

    On Tue, 12 Aug 2003 16:06:19 +0200, Karl Heinz Buchegger
    <> wrote:

> [...]
    >> is being absolutely ridiculous.

    >The only one reidiculous is you.
    >We already told you, that this group is about Standard C++
    >as defined by the ISO/ANSI standards document.
    >
    >> Obviously, most of you up here
    >> behave like the owners of the C++ language.

    >No. But we know whats written in the standards document.
    >
    >> A C++ interface
    >> installation IS ABOUT THE C++ LANGUAGE!

    >How can an installation be about a language.
    >A language is an abstract thing. Defined by some rules.
    >A product is an instantiation of those rules, in your case
    >the boost libraries. Your problem is with installing those
    >libraries, that is: making them usable in your system with your
    >particular compiler.
    >
    >Installing a product can never be a language problem.
    >
    >> The language
    >> does not possess the ability to handle even simple file directory
    >> manipulation.
    >> Those wise people that created it did not take care of it.

    >They did. But they decided to leave it out. They tried to leave
    >everything out, what is related to a specific operating system
    >and/or hardware. For the very same reason you will not find any
    >functions to control eg. a screen, a keyboard, device serial numbers,
    >etc. in standard C++.
    >
    >> So, BOOST
    >> is a portable interface that contains a FILESYSTEM for handling
    >> files and directories in the C++ LANGUAGE!

    >But Boost is just one library. There are hundreds other libraries out
    >there which do the same thing. None of them (including boost) is
    >part of Standard C++. That's why they are not topical in this group.
    >
    >> Now, where are you coming from telling me that a question about the
    >> installation of such an important interface does not belong to this
    >> group?

    >Because it doesn't. If you have problems in installing a specific
    >prodct, then the people maintaining that product are responsible for
    >that.
    >
    >> Where did you learn logic? In a mental institution?

    >Where did YOU learn logic? You intermix the terms 'language', 'product'
    >and 'installation' as it pleases you.
    >
    >> Also, you are wasting a lot of bandwidth with your childish responses
    >> about relevance or irrelevance.

    >The only one wasting bandwith is you. You already have been told to
    >be off-topic. If I remember correctly you have even been told the
    >locations of the FAQ to inform yourself of what's on topic and what is not.
    >
    >> Do you tell CNN to stop bothering you
    >> with its commercials every 3 minutes? Sure you do, pseudo-elitists!
    >> Either answer the question I posed up here, or MOVE ON TO THE NEXT
    >> MESSAGE! You are flooding the newsgroup with trivial and unnecessary
    >> messages. YOU do that, not me!

    >Please. Stop beeing childish. The boost people maintain a message board
    >where they are more then happy to help you sorting out your problems
    >with yout installation. You already have been told that. There your

    Dear Karl Heinz Buchegger:

    Why do you waste bandwidth with your shows of ignorance?
    Since you don't know the answer to my question, why don't you
    just move on to the next message? Is it absolutely necessary
    for you to send me messages that amount to nothing?
    In any case, give my best regards to ... the sensible Austrians.

    perseus

    perseus, Aug 12, 2003
  11. perseus

    perseus Guest

    On Tue, 12 Aug 2003 14:12:16 GMT, "Nils Petter Vaskinn"
    <> wrote:

    >On Tue, 12 Aug 2003 10:01:34 -0400, perseus wrote:
    >
    >> On Tue, 12 Aug 2003 09:52:33 -0400, "Victor Bazarov"
    >> <> wrote:
    >>
    >>>"perseus" <> wrote...
    >>>
    >>>Oh, really? So, this your message qualifies as necessary and
    >>>non-trivial? And if you are not told that your posting about
    >>>a product installation is irrelevant in a non-product newsgroup,
    >>>how would you know to stop posting irrelevant messages? Where
    >>>did _you_ learn logic?

    >> Victor,
    >>
    >> You continue using bandwidth with unnecessary messages.
    >> Obviously, you do not know the answer to my question.
    >> So, stop feeling compelled to respond. You just don't know
    >> the answer. Isn't that enough for you?

    >Keep up with that attitude and you're less likely to get help later if you
    >post a question that is on topic in the group.
    >
    >You were offered advice ("look somewhere else, because this isn't the
    >place to get your question answered") and start complaining when it wasn't
    >the answer you wanted.
    >
    >And your post was the one that was unnessesary,
    >because if you had done your homework (reading the faq) before posting you
    >would have known wou'd get no answer.
    >

    >If you go into a grocery store to buy a hammer, and they tell you to go to
    >the hardware store, do you complain?
    >
    >Atleast it appears that you caps-lock keys has become unstuck.
    >

    >regards
    >NPV

    Here is another one that definitely wants me to know that he does not
    know the answer to my question.
    thank you for nothing NVP.

    perseus

    perseus, Aug 12, 2003
  12. perseus

    perseus Guest

    Re: What a Funny Goup! I Asked a Question About Boost (C++ Filesystem Interface) & All I Got Is: My Question Is Irrelevant!

    On Tue, 12 Aug 2003 16:25:06 +0200, Karl Heinz Buchegger
    <> wrote:

    >perseus wrote:
    >>
    >> Why do you waste bandwidth with your shows of ignorance?

    >You are funny !
    >
    >> Since you don't know the answer to my question, why don't you
    >> just move on to the next message?

    >How do you know that I don't know the answer? I'm pretty sure
    >that most of the regulars could help you. But not in this group.
    >
    >> Is it absolutely necessary
    >> for you to send me messages that amount to nothing?

    >They might actually teach you something :)
    >
    >> In any case, give my best regards to ... the sensible Austrians.

    >Thank you. I will :)

    Hahahaha! They can help me, but not in this goup? Hahahaha!
    You made me laugh! Let's go to the salami.cheese.cpp group to
    get help! Hahahaha!

    perseus, Aug 12, 2003
  13. perseus

    perseus Guest

    On Tue, 12 Aug 2003 14:27:41 GMT, "Nils Petter Vaskinn"
    <> wrote:

    >On Tue, 12 Aug 2003 10:17:26 -0400, perseus wrote:
    >

    >> Here is another one that definitely wants me to know that he does not
    >> know the answer to my question.
    >> thank you for nothing NVP.

    >You're welcome.
    >
    >You are correct I do not know the answer to you question, but if I did I
    >wouldn't give it to you.
    >
    >You have just confirmed that you care nothing for what the people in this
    >group thinks is acceptable to post.
    >
    >You post a question and complain loudly when people tell you how to get an
    >answer. If you decide to follow that advice I suggest you adjust your
    >attitude before you ask the boost people for help, unless you want them to
    >ignore your request for help.
    >I wouldn't be surprised if there are people that read this group AND the
    >boost mailinglist that will choose not to help you if you should choose to
    >ask your question in the appropriate forum.
    >

    >NPV

    Thank you, NVP. You keep confirming my original impression
    of you: huge contributions of nothingness.

    perseus

    perseus, Aug 12, 2003
  14. perseus

    perseus Guest

    On Tue, 12 Aug 2003 16:37:41 +0200, Socketd <db@NO_SPAM_traceroute.dk>
    wrote:

    >Please get it into your head: This is a newsgroup for Standard C++.
    >Yes standard C++ lack[1] some things and that is why there are lots and
    >lots of packages/libraries like boost. Questions regarding Boost is OT
    >here and so is questions about wxWindows, ACE, dbconnect, ptypes,
    >crypto++, botan, V, Fox, GTK, FLTK, Boehm and so on. If this group
    >should answer ALL C++ related question, there would be 1000 post pr day.
    >So please understand that boost is OT!
    >
    >Now, I think it is about time we stop feeding the troll.....
    >
    >socketd
    >
    >[1] Things like GUI-lib's, database access and others should NOT be in
    >standard C++

    socketd:

    You must really be proud of your message.
    Such an eloquent way of showing your ignorance and irrelevance.
    Thank you for nothing.

    perseus

    perseus, Aug 12, 2003
  15. perseus

    perseus Guest

    Re: What a Funny Goup! I Asked a Question About Boost (C++ Filesystem Interface) & All I Got Is: My Question Is Irrelevant!

    On Tue, 12 Aug 2003 16:31:29 +0200, Karl Heinz Buchegger
    <> wrote:

    >He, he.
    >I just placed a bet on how many more replies will arrive
    >before he gets plonk-ed the first time.
    >Still counting.
    >
    >--
    >Karl Heinz Buchegger

    Karl Hainz Buchegger:

    I am still counting how many stupid messages you send
    about not knowing the answer to my question. Keep on sending them,
    baby.

    perseus

    perseus, Aug 12, 2003
  16. perseus

    Socketd Guest

    Re: What a Funny Goup! I Asked a Question About Boost (C++

    Socketd, Aug 12, 2003
  17. perseus

    John Dibling Guest

    This is a troll.

    </dib>
    John Dibling
    Witty banter omitted for your protection

    John Dibling, Aug 12, 2003
  18. Re: What a Funny Goup! I Asked a Question About Boost (C++ Filesystem Interface) & All I Got Is: My Question Is Irrelevant!

    On Tue, 12 Aug 2003 16:31:29 +0200, Karl Heinz Buchegger wrote:

    > He, he.
    > I just placed a bet on how many more replies will arrive
    > before he gets plonk-ed the first time.
    > Still counting.

    Well he may have been silently plonked without us knowing, but I won't
    plonk him yet, the thread is kind of amusing.

    But I've given up on educating him.

    What did you bet?

    regards
    NPV

    Nils Petter Vaskinn, Aug 12, 2003
  19. Re: What a Funny Goup! I Asked a Question About Boost (C++ Filesystem

    Nils Petter Vaskinn wrote:

    > On Tue, 12 Aug 2003 16:31:29 +0200, Karl Heinz Buchegger wrote:
    >
    > > He, he.
    > > I just placed a bet on how many more replies will arrive
    > > before he gets plonk-ed the first time.
    > > Still counting.

    > Well he may have been silently plonked without us knowing, but I won't
    > plonk him yet, the thread is kind of amusing.
    >
    > But I've given up on educating him.
    >
    > What did you bet?

    A beer for 13 messages.

    5 messages have arrived 'till the bet.
    Still counting.

    --
    Karl Heinz Buchegger

    Karl Heinz Buchegger, Aug 12, 2003
  20. perseus

    perseus Guest

    Re: What a Funny Goup! I Asked a Question About Boost (C++ Filesystem Interface) & All I Got Is: My Question Is Irrelevant!

    On Tue, 12 Aug 2003 14:51:01 GMT, "Nils Petter Vaskinn"
    <> wrote:

    >> He, he.
    >> I just placed a bet on how many more replies will arrive
    >> before he gets plonk-ed the first time.
    >> Still counting.

    >Well he may have been silently plonked without us knowing, but I won't
    >plonk him yet, the thread is kind of amusing.
    >
    >But I've given up on educating him.
    >
    >What did you bet?
    >
    >regards
    >NPV

    NVP,

    What a stupid and uneducated Austrian.
    He has never learned how to communicate with other people.
    He tries to be ironic too! Such a luxury for such an idiot.

    pereus

    perseus, Aug 12, 2003