    (I tried creating IUSER_DBMACHINE local account on the database box, give this account full permission on the database folder, doesn't work

    Thank

    Loc
    Loc, Feb 13, 2004

  2. Loc

    Ray at Guest

    The .mdb file is on a different machine? How are you trying to access it?
    Via a UNC path? Take a look at this page and make sure you didn't miss a
    step somewhere.
    http://www.aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2168

    Ray at work

    "Loc" <> wrote in message
    > I have asp page needs to access remote database, I got error"The Microsoft

    Jet database engine cannot open the file 'Unknown'. It is already opened
    exclusively by another user, or you need permission to view its data. ".

    Ray at, Feb 13, 2004