Wierd error - urgent!!!

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by David Li, Apr 5, 2004.

  1. David Li

    David Li Guest

    Hi guys,
    Suddenly I got the following error message for all of my web applications. It's gone if I restart the IIS service, but it comes back if I recompile any of the web applications. Really appreciate it if anybody has some ideas about this. Thanks in advance!!!

    David

    Server Error in '/TestingApp' Application.

    Value does not fall within the expected range.

    Exception Details: System.ArgumentException: Value does not fall within the expected range.

    Source Error:

    Stack Trace:

    [ArgumentException: Value does not fall within the expected range.]
    System.Reflection.Assembly.GetReferencedAssemblies() +0
    System.Web.UI.Util.GetReferencedAssembliesHashtable(Assembly a) +45
    System.Web.Compilation.BaseCompiler.GetCompiledType() +382
    System.Web.UI.ApplicationFileParser.CompileIntoType() +52
    System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.GetParserCacheItemThroughCompilation() +126

    [HttpException (0x80004005): Value does not fall within the expected range.]
    System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.GetParserCacheItemInternal(Boolean fCreateIfNotFound) +692
    System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.GetParserCacheItemWithNewConfigPath() +125
    System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.GetParserCacheItem() +88
    System.Web.UI.ApplicationFileParser.GetCompiledApplicationType(String inputFile, HttpContext context, ApplicationFileParser& parser) +171
    System.Web.HttpApplicationFactory.CompileApplication(HttpContext context) +43
    System.Web.HttpApplicationFactory.Init(HttpContext context) +485
    System.Web.HttpApplicationFactory.GetApplicationInstance(HttpContext context) +170
    System.Web.HttpRuntime.ProcessRequestInternal(HttpWorkerRequest wr) +414

    Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.1.4322.573; ASP.NET Version:1.1.4322.573
    David Li, Apr 5, 2004

  2. David Li

    Mike Johnson Guest

    Looks like an array index is out of range at some point in the program. It's possible a counter gets incremented as time goes on and after awhile it gets too high for the upper end of the array.

    HTH

    Mike

    Mike Johnson, Apr 5, 2004

  3. David Li

    David Li Guest

    Mike,

    Thank you for the reply. I found the reason: my code calls some unmanaged Win32 code with passing just 1 wrong parameter and it crashes the IIS! Luckily it's fixed now.

    David

    David Li, Apr 6, 2004
  4. David Li

    nishan

    Joined:
    Jul 4, 2009
    Messages:
    1
    event log file is full

    hi
    when i try to connect to database at SQL server
    i canno't coz of this problem
    the event log file is full
    best regards
    nishan, Jul 5, 2009