Wierd error - urgent!!!

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by David Li, Apr 5, 2004.

1. David Li

David Li Guest

Hi guys,
    Suddenly I got the following error message for all of my web applications. It's gone if I restart the IIS service, but it comes back if I recompile any of the web applications. Really appreciate it if anybody has some ideas about this. Thanks in advance!!!

David

Server Error in '/TestingApp' Application.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Value does not fall within the expected range.
    Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.ArgumentException: Value does not fall within the expected range.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[ArgumentException: Value does not fall within the expected range.]
    System.Reflection.Assembly.GetReferencedAssemblies() +0
    System.Web.UI.Util.GetReferencedAssembliesHashtable(Assembly a) +45
    System.Web.Compilation.BaseCompiler.GetCompiledType() +382
    System.Web.UI.ApplicationFileParser.CompileIntoType() +52
    System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.GetParserCacheItemThroughCompilation() +126

[HttpException (0x80004005): Value does not fall within the expected range.]
    System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.GetParserCacheItemInternal(Boolean fCreateIfNotFound) +692
    System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.GetParserCacheItemWithNewConfigPath() +125
    System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.GetParserCacheItem() +88
    System.Web.UI.ApplicationFileParser.GetCompiledApplicationType(String inputFile, HttpContext context, ApplicationFileParser& parser) +171
    System.Web.HttpApplicationFactory.CompileApplication(HttpContext context) +43
    System.Web.HttpApplicationFactory.Init(HttpContext context) +485
    System.Web.HttpApplicationFactory.GetApplicationInstance(HttpContext context) +170
    System.Web.HttpRuntime.ProcessRequestInternal(HttpWorkerRequest wr) +414

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.1.4322.573; ASP.NET Version:1.1.4322.573
    David Li, Apr 5, 2004
    1. Advertising

2. David Li

Mike Johnson Guest

Looks like an array index is out of range at some point in the program. It's possible a counter gets incremented as time goes on and after awhile it gets too high for the upper end of the array.

HTH

Mike

"David Li" <> wrote in message news:%...
    Hi guys,
    Suddenly I got the following error message for all of my web applications. It's gone if I restart the IIS service, but it comes back if I recompile any of the web applications. Really appreciate it if anybody has some ideas about this. Thanks in advance!!!

David

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.ArgumentException: Value does not fall within the expected range.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.GetParserCacheItemInternal(Boolean fCreateIfNotFound) +692
    System.Web.UI.ApplicationFileParser.GetCompiledApplicationType(String inputFile, HttpContext context, ApplicationFileParser& parser) +171
    System.Web.HttpApplicationFactory.GetApplicationInstance(HttpContext context) +170

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.1.4322.573; ASP.NET Version:1.1.4322.573
    Mike Johnson, Apr 5, 2004
    1. Advertising

3. David Li

David Li Guest

Mike,

Thank you for the reply. I found the reason: my code calls some unmanaged Win32 code with passing just 1 wrong parameter and it crashes the IIS! Luckily it's fixed now.

David
    "Mike Johnson" <> wrote in message news:Oi%...
    Looks like an array index is out of range at some point in the program. It's possible a counter gets incremented as time goes on and after awhile it gets too high for the upper end of the array.

HTH

Mike

"David Li" <> wrote in message news:%...
    Hi guys,

David

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Source Error:

Stack Trace:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
    David Li, Apr 6, 2004
  4. David Li

nishan

event log file is full

hi
    when i try to connect to database at SQL server
    i canno't coz of this problem
    the event log file is full
    best regards
    nishan, Jul 5, 2009
    1. Advertising