    new windows are to appear in, when I have multiple screens ?
    Is that a programming issue, or does it have to do with the OS?

    obscurr

    Obscurr, Nov 10, 2003

  2. Obscurr

    Fabian Guest

    Obscurr hu kiteb:

    > hi,
    >
    > Is there a way of controlling (i.e., using windows.open ) which screen
    > new windows are to appear in, when I have multiple screens ?
    > Is that a programming issue, or does it have to do with the OS?

    I think its an OS issue. I dont think javascript has access to that kind
    of information.

    Fabian
    Visit my website often and for long periods!
    http://www.lajzar.co.uk

    Fabian, Nov 10, 2003

  3. Isn't multiple screens just a way of expanding a normal screen? If so, just
    set the new window x location value the width of screen 1 + 1/2 width of
    screen 2 and then I think it should show in screen 2.....I could be wrong,
    but may be worth a try.

    The reason I think this is when you use your mouse, you can move/scroll it
    from screen 1 to screen 2, therefore I think it's just an extension....

    Maybe that helps, maybe it doesn't.

    Stu

    Stuart Palmer, Nov 10, 2003
  4. Obscurr

    Fabian Guest

    Stuart Palmer hu kiteb:

    > Isn't multiple screens just a way of expanding a normal screen? If
    > so, just set the new window x location value the width of screen 1 +
    > 1/2 width of screen 2 and then I think it should show in screen
    > 2.....I could be wrong, but may be worth a try.

    With multiple screens, there are multiple possibilities. What you
    describe is one possibility, but another is that teh OS displays two
    different and unrelated screens.

    Fabian, Nov 10, 2003
  5. You learn something new everyday :eek:)

    Stu

    Stuart Palmer, Nov 10, 2003