windows.open and dual screens

Obscurr

hi,

Is there a way of controlling (i.e., using windows.open ) which screen
new windows are to appear in, when I have multiple screens ?
Is that a programming issue, or does it have to do with the OS?

obscurr

Fabian

Obscurr hu kiteb:
hi,

Is there a way of controlling (i.e., using windows.open ) which screen
new windows are to appear in, when I have multiple screens ?
Is that a programming issue, or does it have to do with the OS?

I think its an OS issue. I dont think javascript has access to that kind
of information.

Stuart Palmer

Isn't multiple screens just a way of expanding a normal screen? If so, just
set the new window x location value the width of screen 1 + 1/2 width of
screen 2 and then I think it should show in screen 2.....I could be wrong,
but may be worth a try.

The reason I think this is when you use your mouse, you can move/scroll it
from screen 1 to screen 2, therefore I think it's just an extension....

Maybe that helps, maybe it doesn't.

Stu

Fabian

Stuart Palmer hu kiteb:
Isn't multiple screens just a way of expanding a normal screen? If
so, just set the new window x location value the width of screen 1 +
1/2 width of screen 2 and then I think it should show in screen
2.....I could be wrong, but may be worth a try.

With multiple screens, there are multiple possibilities. What you
describe is one possibility, but another is that teh OS displays two
different and unrelated screens.

Stuart Palmer

You learn something new everyday :eek:)

Stu